• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Readers thread: what or who are you reading right now?

Working on the first part of that reading challenge: set in a neighboring country. I chose The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence and . . . that might have been a mistake lol. Might be giving up and choosing a different one. Or not. I’ve gotten so used to reading very fast paced non stop action romance that this is as opposite as I can go which is what I wanted. I want to expand my palette but holy hell it’s a bit painful.
LOL. I read Anne of Green Gables for this one. I chose a youngish book, because my goal this year is 31 books, and I wanted a couple of easy ones! I don't choose anything that isn't interesting to me for these challenges. It should be fun, too!

Now trying to read Secret Journey to Serpo, which is maybe the most ridiculous book I've ever read.
Yep.

Now I'm reading Airport, by Arthur Hailey, which was published the decade I was born. Another topic on the reading challenge. Gave me an excuse to buy more books. LOL I also bought Hotel by the same author. I read Airport decades ago, but I don't think I ever read Hotel. These kind of books are easy reads, and I think I like that kind the best.

Curious what makes up your personal easy/hard scale?
Hm...well, I guess "easy" reads I don't have to think about much. They are written in common language, are filled with familiar scenes--a lot of dialogue and interaction between people--, and there's not a lot of emotion attached to them. At least, not for me. I read 150 pages today. Most of the books I read are nonfiction, and they are often technical in some way (or spiritual), so I really have to think about them and it takes me longer to read them.

Just got done reading Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë for umteenth hundredth time

Started reading The Blue Castle- L.M. Montgomery for probably more than the umteenth hundred time 😂

reading my familiar comfort books while slowly and painfully reading - Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving: A GUIDE AND MAP FOR RECOVERING FROM CHILDHOOD TRAUMA - Pete Walker

Back