• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Ready or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

turrican

New Here
Hello all. I haven't attempted to join a PTSD forum / online community for some time now. I was quickly put off by previous attempts because it seemed like I didn't fit in at all. Unfortunately, whether I fit in or not this time, I am part of the PTSD community, like it or not lol.

I haven't got a quick, neat way to summarise where my trauma comes from. There's narcissism in my family and extended family, and various bad things happened when I was growing up. Not so much one big thing that everyone would nod their head to and say, yeah that's bad. Rather a pattern of "smaller" things that basically led to a feeling of feeling completely "trapped", which is when the PTSD probably kicked in. Maybe it's mostly CPTSD but also some PTSD.

Things haven't sufficiently improved since I guess, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Why am I here at this moment in time? Part of it is probably the time of year - heading up to "the holidays" or Christmas or whatever you want to call it. Also, yet again, I attempted something, a type of exam which would be extremely helpful for me to pass, but my PTSD literally forced me to cancel the test, and then I felt like complete crap afterwards and I'm still recovering from it. Why my PTSD couldn't stop me from applying for the test in the first place I have no idea, or cancelling in good time so I don't get much false hope about it etc.

Anyway I'm probably not being very clear. Haven't had a really good night's sleep for a while. I don't trust people very much. My next post might be better lol. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back