• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Received Return To Work Ticket From Disability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

MyPTSD Pro
Got a letter from social security about new program called: return to work ticket. It's completely voluntary. You can get hooked up with vocational services. They may even pay to go back to school. If you find a job you still get benefits for 9 months (it's called trial period).

Then after that for 36 months, if you make more than what your benefit is you don't get a check. But if you make less that month, then you get a partial check.

I'm interested but hesitant. I tried working about 18 months ago and only lasted 7 weeks. The high stress environment was to much and became symptomatic (hearing voices and seeing things).

Anyone else on disability in the u.s. get this letter? Also, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you. I got that letter and am terrified that they will cut off my benefits before I am able to get and keep a job. I have a really hard time leaving the house and my days consist of walking my dog around the neighborhood and reading and listening to the radio. I am quite content to stay home. Or maybe I am too scared to do anything else!

I totally get the 50 jobs I don't want!! It's the stress that scares me. And all jobs have stress, so I don't know how I'm going to avoid it.

How about going back to school? At least the stress is for your improvement and not to appease a boss.

@Anniebananie They do have vocational training. I never finished college....have 3 years. I don't even know if I'm in any condition to hold down a job but finances are always a concern...so, extra money would help.

They explained they give you a 9 month trial period. So, you can earn as much as you want/can and your benefits won't be affected....that monthly check will still come. So, that's a good thing.

I'm meeting with them on Tuesday. I'm not committing to anything. Just going to get info. on what they have to offer and how they can help.

Who knows? Shall see what happens next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back