• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Recently diagnosed and need support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you suggest what kinds of support ..?
Sure, so for this OP, and where they are, their current treatment plan is:
I currently see a psychiatrist once a week and will be starting EMDR therapy soon as I have locked everything in a box.
looking in the forum for grounding techniques and methods
And that's a rock solid strategy for someone like the OP who has complex trauma with acute anxiety and depressive symptoms going on. Broken down, it's essentially:
1) stabilise so that everyday function is happening again;
2) nail down some grounding techniques and other coping strategies so that they're ready to use; then
3) progress to working on the complex trauma through emdr once there's some confidence in the above 2 steps.

@Hopex - hope that your anxiety about your new diagnosis is starting to settle a bit.

Sure, so for this OP, and where they are, their current treatment plan is:

And that's a rock solid strategy for someone like the OP who has complex trauma with acute anxiety and depressive symptoms going on. Broken down, it's essentially:
1) stabilise so that everyday function is happening again;
2) nail down some grounding techniques and other coping strategies so that they're ready to use; then
3) progress to working on the complex trauma through emdr once there's some confidence in the above 2 steps.

@Hopex - hope that your anxiety about your new diagnosis is starting to settle a bit.
Thank you for the advice.
I have been in and out of psychological treatments as for a long time I was misdiagnosed with anxiety and depression. It wasn’t until the loss of a baby I was given the correct diagnosis and support. Which explains why non of the talking therapies helped.
I’m currently awaiting step 4 intervention to have EMDR treatment however my psychologist is bridging the wiring gap with grounding techniques which is helping with the disassociation.

I always find a Monday is the worst as my husband works away and is home on a weekend and we are always so busy then a Monday I completely disassociate because it’s like my mind has a minute to think and starts with the repetitive ‘you don’t feel right’ ‘there’s something wrong with you’ saga!

this is when the grounding techniques become useful however I find it tiring to keep busy and can’t relax so praying for just a good sleep or a 5 minutes to myself when I can genuinely be relaxed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back