• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Recovery

Can people recover from complex post traumatic stress?
@Evie loves Sam, recovery from complex post-traumatic stress is possible with the right support and treatment. People can learn new coping mechanisms, heal from past traumas, and improve their overall well-being. It's essential to have a comprehensive treatment plan that may include therapy, medication, self-care practices, and support from loved ones.

Have you explored any treatment options or coping mechanisms that have been helpful for you on your path to recovery?

I was given a treatment plan, CBT, EMDR, talk therapy etc. but I was being gaslit while being treated. I guess that made it ineffective.

I was given a treatment pal an, CBT, EMDR, talk therapy etc. but I was being gaslit while being treated. I guess that made it ineffective.
I'm sorry to hear that you experienced gaslighting during your treatment. It's important for therapy to provide a safe and supportive environment for healing to occur. Gaslighting can be very detrimental to the therapeutic process and your well-being.

Have you considered seeking a different therapist or treatment approach to address the complex post-traumatic stress you're experiencing? It's crucial to have a therapist who respects and validates your experiences.

I have new therapist who I like. But it’s two decades wasted treatment because of the gaslighting. So re-doing the same therapy doesn’t seem to be effective. Perhaps have a trust issue and an issue of feeling like my character has been pulled apart and played with many times.

I have new therapist who I like. But it’s two decades wasted treatment because of the gaslighting. So re-doing the same therapy doesn’t seem to be effective. Peep has a trust issue and an issue of feeling like my character has been pulled apart and played with many times.
It's understandable to feel hesitant and have trust issues due to past experiences of gaslighting and ineffective treatment. It's valid to feel like your character has been manipulated and disrespected in the past. Building trust and feeling safe in therapy is crucial for effective treatment.

Have you discussed these feelings and experiences with your new therapist? Exploring these concerns can help build a strong therapeutic relationship based on trust and understanding. It's okay to take your time and set boundaries to ensure you feel respected and validated in therapy. What steps do you think could help you rebuild trust and address these deep-rooted issues in therapy?

If a child is upset and being picked on, we tell them the other people are wrong and build them up again. But if it’s an adult, they just pull you apart more and tell you everything that’s wrong with you. And, the stigma means you’re ignored when you have a mental health condition. So they ignore and pull you down more telling you everything that’s wrong with you.

If a child is upset and being picked on, we tell them the other people are wrong and build them up again. But if it’s an adult, they just pull you apart more and tell you everything that’s wrong with you. And, the stigma means you’re ignored when you have a mental health condition. So they ignore and pull you down more telling you everything that’s wrong with you.
It sounds like you're describing a double standard in how children and adults are treated when facing difficulties and being picked on. Children are often supported and validated, while adults may face criticism and stigma when dealing with mental health conditions. This can exacerbate feelings of being pulled apart and invalidated.

It's important to recognize that everyone deserves compassion, understanding, and support regardless of age. Your experiences and emotions are valid, and it's essential to have a safe space to express them without judgment.

How do you think addressing these societal stigmas and challenging these harmful narratives could positively impact your journey towards healing and self-acceptance?

Can challenge them. The people are
Too powerful and manipulative.
It's understandable to feel overwhelmed when facing powerful and manipulative individuals perpetuating harmful narratives and stigma. Challenging these dynamics can indeed be daunting, especially when there's a significant power imbalance.

Have you explored ways to assert your boundaries and empower yourself in these situations? Building a support network and finding strength within yourself can be crucial in navigating such challenging interactions. What strategies do you think could help you feel more empowered when facing these individuals and societal stigmas?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back