• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Red faced - share some non-trauma things you find embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get emberressed about my learning disebilities some times. some times even of on here that i can come across more normally when my software integrates right. it is not always perfect so some times i don't bother and just with looking to autocorrect. and then some times that makes me more untintellibile. when i have to write presentations and things at work. or send emails. i am always nervous that of is this the time of where i am coherent? or inconherent? 🤷‍♂️
I’m incoherent sometimes too :). Mine’s acquired but it’s why I started using the internet for leisure pre trauma - to improve my writing.

having to fart for a nurse after a colonoscopy
I woke up from a colonoscopy and heard the doctor farting. I knew him from work and I was appalled that he would do that. Then I realized it was the NURSE who was doing it. I had worked with her before too, and she was so prim she didn't even burp in public. Soon it dawned on me it couldn't have been her - IT WAS ME!! I was mortified!

Do you get lots of bruises?
Everywhere. My shins look like a 3D map of the moon. When I was a young my poor mom had to take me places and I usually looked like someone was beating me. I didn't stop playing sports or doing things because they were hard. Just learn to live with it like Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, Sammy Davis Jr, Johnny Depp, John Ford, Degas, James Joyce, Wiley Post, and Horatio Nelson, Mick Mannock (VC, DSO & two Bars, MC & Bar) and many more.

There are four things that really give me trouble:
  • Field of vision (why I like riding motorcycles vs. driving cars, I can see both mirrors on a bike). Makes avoiding hypervigilance while driving in the city very difficult because of the huge right side blind spot. Because I have to physically turn as much as most people do to back up to visually check the right side I have to pay close attention to traffic around me so if there is trouble ahead I can react.
  • Hanging things on the wall/building things - I see everything in perspective view. Inversely, it makes photography easier - what I see is what I get, like John Ford.
  • Distance judgment. 100 yards to about 30 yards is the worst playing golf. Backing up a vehicle with mirrors only is difficult too. The flat reflected restricted view image makes judging distances difficult.
  • Outdoor ball sports - its easy to loose perspective I need to judge movement and speed. Playing shortstop is an exercise in masochism. It's not if it's when and I ain't no Bill Buckner so bruises (big bruises) are inevitable.

I woke up from a colonoscopy and heard the doctor farting. I knew him from work and I was appalled that he would do that. Then I realized it was the NURSE who was doing it. I had worked with her before too, and she was so prim she didn't even burp in public. Soon it dawned on me it couldn't have been her - IT WAS ME!! I was mortified!
Isn’t it normal after a colonoscopy? I remember being worried I didn’t fart enough because my dr had warned me that the wind would be awful. I had one fart ( which I did in the bathroom) and giggled and then had no more.
This was especially bizarre as usually I am pretty darn windy😳😂

Everywhere.

that’s a fine list of people who have coped pretty darn well, eh? :)

exit- I realise that might have sounded like I was dismissive of the hardship - I most certainly am not! I’m saying it’s cool to rank your self with people who did well despite it . I hope that makes sense.
I experience temporary vision loss most evenings and the first time was one of the few times I’ve felt really sad about my health situation. I was so sure I was dying that I got my naked body into the nightdress I left on the end of the bed, so it would be easier for the ambulance or mortician to shift me out 😳😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back