Religious trauma and reclaiming positive sexuality

{hot~tea}

New Here
Hi everyone, what are some ways that you have worked to reclaim your sexuality in positive ways? I have religious trauma and sometimes I still struggle with guilt/shame after having sex with my partner. Interestingly enough, I also seem to have a higher sex drive on the days where I'm struggling with depression and shame. The trauma is deep and mostly on a subconscious level so I would love to hear some ways some of you with similar pasts have reclaimed and healed your sexuality.

caroline_13

MyPTSD Pro
Hi everyone, what are some ways that you have worked to reclaim your sexuality in positive ways? I have religious trauma and sometimes I still struggle with guilt/shame after having sex with my partner. Interestingly enough, I also seem to have a higher sex drive on the days where I'm struggling with depression and shame. The trauma is deep and mostly on a subconscious level so I would love to hear some ways some of you with similar pasts have reclaimed and healed your sexuality.
Pole dancing

OliveJewel

MyPTSD Pro
It felt positive at the time but I wouldn’t do it today which was online modeling. Helped me feel like I was in charge and I made the rules—because I had to and I got a ton of instant feedback—most of it good but sometimes bad—so I had to learn to mute and kick out negative people, depend on people to mod for me, etc. There were drawbacks like anything and I think I eventually outgrew its usefulness but it gave me a sense of importance with my sexuality and a sense that I was in control and that anything I did with my body there were people who loved it, which gave me a sense of power and hope.