Replaying hurtful situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

trying2movefwd

MyPTSD Pro
When your depressed do you replay hurtful situations over and over again in your mind? Do you find it difficult to stop the vicious cycle? I will tell myself things like...it is over it is in the past....People will hurt you, there are people who will not like you..this is just life. Focus on the positive...then in floods the memory of the hurt and then the negative self talk...see I am a bad person because xyz. This person hurt me but maybe I deserved it because fill in the blank. Then I will all out lose it and start crying..but two hours ago I thought I was over it and moved on. This isn't abuse or neglect I am speaking of..just rejection from someone I shouldn't even care rejected me! I have complex trauma history though...wonder if it plays a roll? I am just kind of annoyed that I am unable to move on from this. No idea when I will see a therapist. My car broke down. (Sigh) Anyone else like this or am I just "too sensitive?"

Bloomy

MyPTSD Pro
I just to. Almost like having a rotten tooth you want to remove.
Then I got to the point where it became to painful. So I asked my self what can I do about it. Its takin long time and Im still on the journey but I realise I handle it better and better. If it gets to bad Ill get out of the house and take my mind for a walk. Had a ncie break through when I was depressed this weekend. Friend had her own issues. Before I could have gotten sensitive and hurt, but now I realise this person also has a life and own struggles. Its up to me to pull my self out of the dirtwhole to feel better. I went for a walk. And it helped as much as I needed it to help. Made me realise it is what it is and somehow there must come and solution ( cant really afford to pay electricity and its cold outside if it where to get shut down) I will not do as before and go into foster position and belive I will die. There is a small hope of green that if I brief this will not be the end f the wolrd as it hasnt been before etither.

Ps: I hate the word positive. I refuse to be positive. But I can be constructive instead. Like . is there any use for me to sit at home and do replay mania for hours or would I get better If I got up and do something constructive instead.

All the best!

Xena

Policy Enforcement
Hi @trying2movefwd.. It's very negative and you are giving in to the bad thoughts.. Haven't you been through enough...

I feel it is one of the worst things we can do to ourselves... Be negative... Beat ourselves up.. It stops you... Tears you down... And for what?.. Does it make you feel good?.. It's a mindset..... And that can be changed....

Medication can help with negativity... So can exercise.... So can helping someone else.... Volunteering.... You can change this..... Your worth it... Tell yourself that... Good luck...

Bloomy

MyPTSD Pro
My english went shot in that post I see when re reading. Hope you still understand what I was trying to say
Im not gonna be sensitive about my failures - its ok and Ill log of and still have a good evening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.