• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Requested Permission to Work from Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
I've been at this job since August, and I don't hate it, which is a pretty strong and positive statement from me when it comes to work. The only thing I really can't tolerate is working onsite; it takes me an hour or two to get there (and back), and my anxiety level is off the charts when I have to leave my house all day. We've been doing hybrid work since I started, and for two months around the holidays, work was all from home. This past week we started back again 3 days a week, and I cry from morning to night.

I've been thinking of asking for a more flexible schedule - I want to work fewer days onsite, but this place is very invested in having everybody onsite. Anyway, I *finally* sent an email to the director, and found out yesterday that my request has been approved! The only thing I need to do is talk to my manager to see what days she wants me in; it won't be a problem, since she hates working onsite, too.

I'll go in occasionally, which is fine. I just don't have to go in the currently required 3 days a week. This was sooo hard for me.

WooHoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back