• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Reset and Repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMusingChickadee

Not Active
Hi everyone. I’m feeling really hopeful today to have found this place. I have diagnoses of C-PTSD, anxiety, depression, OCD, general mood disorder, DD including depersonalization and derealization, and other miscellaneous traits like paranoia. I have gone through periods of minor psychosis.

I’ve experienced physical, sexual, mental/emotional abuse as a child and adult. I have come a long way and gotten myself to a good place in life. Sadly a good place doesn’t always mean you feel alive. That is my #1 goal.

As I suspect everyone here already knows full well, trauma has a way of finding you sometimes. I had sort of gotten to a mostly good place of growth a couple years ago, but a relationship and various life experiences have set me back a bit. I feel like I’m in a pretty good place again now “on paper”, yet I’m aware that my brain is using this time to do a lot of very old processing and trying to heal.

I almost feel like I’m constantly getting surprised by what upsets me, tears fall from my eyes on a regular basis without actually crying, I feel scared and can’t always figure out the cause. In general, I don’t really feel like “myself”, which made me laugh out loud a little because I’ve never really had much of a sense of identity as it was. I am an introvert. I’ve been told I am a good listener, wise, and empathetic. I tend to have a lot of one-sided friendships. I have no contact with my family and have been mostly alone all my life. Recently I now have a new partner in my life, and I also have children, and they keep me going. I’d also love it if I could want to keep going just for myself too. I don’t like how I get in my own way at times. I don’t want all my “stuff” to affect my healthy relationships.

So… I’m here basically because I’m trying to do better being kind to myself and taking care of myself. I’ve realized I can’t be an island anymore. I needed to fight the constant urge to isolate. I need community and understanding. I need to surround myself with as many tools and support as possible, because some days I don’t even recognize that I’m needing it.

Thanks for reading! It’s nice to meet y’all. 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent reasons to be here, and fantastic goals for recovery. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you so much!

Welcome to the Forum😎 I am sorry that you have been through the traumatic experiences that have brought you here... it's a very good place...I'm happy you have a partner and children too!

(Without my kids, I would have been hopeless♥️♥️)

Giving our kids a healthy and happy parent is the gift of a lifetime... You're off to a great start🙂
Thank you so much for your kind words! It’s really nice to meet others who understand the struggles of healing while trying to raise happy healthy kids. I can’t begin to explain how much they have changed my life. I’ve found so much healing in being able to give them basic things I didn’t have. Sometimes I can be tough on myself feeling like I have to be perfect, but I’m trying to be more aware of that now. I hope you are well. ❤️

Welcome to the site 🙂
Thank you for reading and the warm welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back