Restarting Therapy

I'm so lucky to have a therapist that genuinely cares about me and wants to see me succeed. I haven't been able to see her for the past few months due to financial problems and I feel as though my recovery process has restarted. It hasn't, not really anyway. I'm not starting at ground zero, but I do feel like the same anxious, scared kid I was when we first met. I've gone back to isolation and my social anxiety is almost worse than it was back then. It sucks but it's kind of encouraging. I know I've dealt with things like this before and I got through it.

The worst thing though is my service dog. We weren't in a great place where we lived before this and he shows it. Plus he's been radically out of practice because of my isolation and covid. So, he's reactive toward people now. He was like this when we first started training as well. I know that he can get back to where we were months ago. I know that it's normal for animals to have a step back in training and not every service animal is going to be trained the same way. It's just upsetting. I feel like when I need him most he's unable to help me and I have no one to blame for that but myself.

but it is so relieving to talk to my therapist again. I always feel like this huge weight has been lifted off my chest at the end of a session. She always sees something in me that makes me walk a little lighter, be gentler to myself. I can do this. Everything will be okay.