• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Road to Recovery - Emergency Medicine 10 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

tude

MyPTSD Pro
Hello everyone. I am not sure how I ended up here or if I even belong here. I have worked in emergency medicine for ten years. This past year has been difficult. Too many young people dying has messed with my head and couple bad experiences doing CPR has changed me. Irrational fears, anxiety, nightmares, disturbing images and sensations regarding these patients to just name a few.

Glad to find people sharing their experience, strength, and hope.

Welcome to the forum. I had to leave in-patient pediatrics after 2 children died...it was too hard for me. Somehow we convince ourxelves that we will be able to save everyone...and then it is devastating when that is shattered.

Hi tude, welcome to the forum. I am sure you have had your fair share of traumatic witnessing to events and more importantly, the effects of events. Welcome and look forward to reading more from you. Trauma affects us all, some can just ignore it longer than others.

:hello:Hi, and thought I'd welcome you now, as well, tude!

I do believe, better late then never! Missed your introductory thread months back. I like your choose in title: Road to Recovery........., Yes!

This is the road, many of us wish to travel and, I guess it's a matter of luck sometimes, but seems to take some of us yrs. to find, trudge, perhaps commit to, but certainly remain upon throughout our individ. journey's.

I wish proper available experience and resources were more readily available to every ptsd sufferer and trauma survivor; Don't know tude, why I'm thinking of this now, perhaps it's because very little time ever goes by that I don't feel a deep sense of sadness for all whom suffer and may seemingly get lost in time, space and direction and with no support and/or help up and out; I guess it's just these 3 words: "Road to Recovery", that today helps me get in touch with this, my longstanding feeling of sadness; Certainly not a bad thing, as I'm always learning and relearning that feelings are just feelings; Not good or bad and don't always reflect present realities, they just are.

Tude, instead of sharing any further regarding me, I'd rather again Welcome you to the forum and let you know, I'll be wishing for you your very best on your Road to Recovery. Truly, truly wishing you the best!

Yes, we look at the bad and the ugly in trauma and sometimes see it in ourselves, but we too look at all the good, the positives, gratitude and a way of trauma healing and ptsd management that works.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, I think you share a helpful, balanced, working outlook here within the forum; and most definately have faith in you that you'll find much joy and life trudging your road of recovery.

Always take care, :Hug_emoticon:

Hope

You were here way before me but since the thread came back up I wanted to say that I admire you for going into Emergency Medicine and even in my very limited experience in the field I know very well that the things that go on there can change a person. I've wondered myself how those things will affect me and I'm sure in a lot of ways they have already.

Nice to meet you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back