• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Robbed At Gunpoint Ptsd W/nightmares Vivid Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeekingBliss

New Here
Hi forum, a few weeks ago I was a victim of a robbery. I was walking and I had just withdrew money from the atm and I turned around and I saw these 2 black guys come behind me .They took my purse, my cell phone, my money all my personal documents everything was in that purse! Since then I have been trying to rebuild everything. They hit me in the face my nose was fractured it was bleeding and I still haven't been to the doctors! The doctor thing is and seems very overwhelming. The first week was very hard. I kept flashing back to what happened, I felt alone and family kept telling me to move on and get over it.

My appetite has thinned and I'm loosing weight I am feeling the best today than I have since the accident. Will I ever be the same person again? I feel like they took my rose colored glasses that I had of the world away. I knew the world was bad but I always gave everybody the benefit of the doubt. I always smiled held my head up high now I'm double guessing myself and all the things that seemed important before seem so small now. This morning I woke up after having a terrible dream and I heard voices in my head. I had to shake myself and tell myself to stop the nonsense because I thought I was going crazy. Getting robbed is no fun and I hope they catch these people who did this and I hope I can heal July and August were the worse months so far.

In july I was cooking dinner and got a second and third degree burn on my arm it was the most painful thing ever. Luckily now its totally healed no scars only skin discolouration I have had to deal with so much I just want to be ok .Thanks for reading

I made a doctors appointment for monday but I had to reschedule because I have no money to get these those robbers took all my money I had. (I'm on fixed ) so I have to wait. Ran out of food hungry so I'm just trying to stay strong.

Can you see a psychiatrist or therapist? Now is the time to seek treatment so that you don't develop PTSD.

Welcome to the forum!

Can you see a psychiatrist or therapist? Now is the time to seek treatment so that you don't develop PTSD.

Welcome to the forum!
Yes But I need money to get back and forth so I have to wait until I get money. So you think its too early for me too have ptsd? I suffered through all the checklist to ptsd. If i dont have it that sounds good.

One of the criteria is that you've been suffering from symptoms for at least one month. Since its only been a few weeks, you can't be diagnosed yet. What you are experiencing is normal. Many people who have experienced trauma have symptoms for a short while and then they go away. These people don't develop PTSD.

I would add, that it may be helpful to look on the web to find a private psychiatrist, who gets good patient ratings and who deals with trauma. Additionally, know that both hospital emergency departments, clinics, and private psychiatrists may be willing to negotiate a reduction in your bill, or accept payments. Call financial services to find out, ahead of time. You can explain your circumstances.

Even the most seasoned professional may have difficulty believing you, because they are uncomfortable with violence. Keep looking, until you find someone who treats you with dignity and respect. I recommend bringing a friend with you, for support.

Relating to compassionate authority figures and friends can be valuable. You can regain confidence and gain allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back