• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Assault Robbery, july 4th

• Thread starter Deleted member 41765
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew it would :-).

I'm so glad you have had and have recently gotten so many more safety measures in place. And do refresh your training. Do it while you still can and keep it up as long as you can. It helps so much to have that sense of personal physical confidence.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you, Shiki. You have been struggling to rebuild your life after an earth-shattering trauma, and before the foundation has had time to settle, it's been damaged again. :( You have my sympathy, and my shoulder, if you need support.

Years ago, my apartment was broken into twice in the space of about a week, and when I discovered when going over a timeline with the police, the thief was probably there when I came home to change. Prints suggested that he was hiding in the bedroom closet during the ten minutes or so that I was home. It took me a while to appreciate how fortunate I was that day.

I began sleeping with a knife under my pillow and a baseball bat beside the bed. I think it was a couple of years before I felt safe again, relatively speaking. I have never felt safe and probably never will.

hi SikibuZ
I'm really sorry this happened to you. I am happy to read about your response. I hope I can be half that scary if someone were to come into my space like that. You are a brave courageous person that was able to think under pressure and do the right things. You should really be emboldened by your ability to run that burger off. I am very proud of you. I agree with all of the replies to this thread so far.
(((((((((((((((((((((ShikibuZ))))))))))))))))))) I think it is totally normal to melt down after such an event. It would be good to address this event at your next session.
Stay Strong and stay safe my friend

Thank you @Esterio, all of these responses help to keep me out of the helpless mindset I so easily fall into. I re-read them to counter the periods of heightened anxiety. I don't think I was scary though, just LOUD!

I can't get over my dog's reaction. I look at him and shake my head...

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY angry tonight, although I know in the grand scheme of things, this is *nothing*. I'm also hot as the back door I would leave ajar when at home is shut tight.

I should be stonger than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY angry tonight, although I know in the grand scheme of things, this is *nothing*. I'm also hot as...
It makes sense to keep the door and windows locked and even more sense to be angry about it. Hugs to you, my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back