• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Rough Night - Dreams Are Consuming My Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

jade

Confident
Was up late last night which in itself is unusual. With 3 kids ages 10,3,and 18 months I usually go to bed shortly after the kids go to sleep. Anyway I tried to lay down around 12:30AM. Don't know exactly what time I fell asleep but woke up this morning wishing there was a way not to dream.

Most of my childhood memories seem to come back as dreams. Last night I was transported to when I was approxamately 10. Mom was gone because it was her bowling night. My sister and I were watching T.V. when all the sudden dad came in the room and the next thing there is a deafening explosion. Dad had a pistol and was shooting at me and my sister. We tried to run and hide but he just kept chasing us. Finally we managed to get under our bed to hide. We were still there when mom got home and dad acted like nothing had happened. I don't think we ever told mom. Maybe if we had things would have been different. It was years later when I figured out that it was loaded with blanks but when your only 10 you don't know the difference. I feel like a very small child right now that needs to hide under the bed.

Jade, I don't really have anything to say except that really sucks, and I understand because I have bad nightmares all the time, even worse lately.

Hope tonight is better for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back