• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Supporter Saying Hi, Husband Just Been Diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegasus71

New Here
Just thought I’d post a quick introduction. My husband Is 44 and has just been diagnosed with PTSD. Although there is a bit more to it than this; he had major surgery to remove kidneys with suspected (now confirmed) cancer in October, suffered cardiac arrest whilst in recovery from that and was taken back in for emergency surgery to fix the bleed. 10 days after discharge from this he went back in as an emergency after coughing up blood and was diagnosed with double pneumonia so was back in ICU. He’s been forced to take medical retirement from work so money is very tight now. He is also needing dialysis 3 times a week for generally 4 and a half hours. We're having difficulty claiming benefits because the organisation administering his pension is so slow to give us any supporting paperwork.

I work full time and we have a 15yr old son.

Hopefully the diagnosis will mean that he gets some help, but it’s very difficult, even though I’ve suffered from major depression, it’s hard, because PTDS is really something else! What is making it more difficult for me is family members not understanding how debilitating it is for him.

Welcome to the Forum Pegasus,

Wow it seems like you definitely have your plate full but you are doing it! You are a survivor as well as your husband. I commend you for all you have done while even having major depression. I am sorry for all you and your husband have been through and are going through that others have not recognized.

I know you will definitely find support here.

Keep the Faith, the Faith that has sustained you through all of this.

Warmest Welcome, Rising Sun.

Just to say after your welcome to me i read your introduction. I am also from East of England .similar age ( i should imagine ) with a 15 yr old (daughter ) isn't that strange ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back