• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Scared of Returning to Work Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightsurvive

Confident
OMG I cant do this. Im so scared to go back to work tomorrow. I've been off because i have had a medical problem (since monday) and now im scred to go back even though im better.

Tomorrow i have to hand in reports for my year 11s - theres only 17 to do but i havent done them.

Doesnt help that i had a nightmare about screaming at a class (that i actually like) and the headmaster came and took me out of the lesson and was going to kill me. I felt so powerless in that nightmare

So scared. Is there anyone who can give me enough confidence to get on with these reports and go back to work?

I know i need to go back bnut cant see how im going to do it.

feel so sick, want to run away, increasing anxiety, starting to think of bad things, want to cry but i cant. Cant let hubby see me like that. No way out. No solution. Cant cope. hate being like this. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, for starters, get another headmaster, just kidding. ptsd is good for procrastination, I know, I am a professional procrastinator of late. aka late due payments.
Force yourself to do what you have to.
1. gather the papers together and set them at a work station, like a desk or table.
2. take a break
3. get a beverage and organize your papers
4. take a break
5. start to get the first page ready
6. take a break
7. do a task and take a break
8. see # 7
after you know it will be done.
Hope it helps

Thanks for that advice Whitewolf. Yeh maybe you are right about the headmaster lol. I've never liked him.

I made it in to work in the end. Stayed up till 3.30 am doing the reports - just hope they make sense in the light of day. Everything turned out fine. I was so scared that the head would tell me off for not having done them, but instead, when i went to do them, there was already a message saying that i was ill and if parents wanted information about their child's progress then they should contact my boss. So there was really no need to worry. But i guess it was logical to be scared after that nightmare.

I saw the head today. I knocked on the office door of the deputy head and went in and the head was in there - i ran off. How daft is that? It was only a nightmare.

Got triggered badly a couple of times at work - a boy was talking about a girl having r***d someone and i just panicked. But i did get over it. Now i dont know what to do. I know i need to ask the kid what he was on about but i cant remember his face. Maybe i just blotted it out subconciously becasue i couldnt cope with the thoughts going through my head. I hope what he said wasnt true but if it was then i have let this other boy down. I'm so frustrated. Want to do something but don't think i can - not if i dont know who it was saying those words. I'm scared i have failed someone because i was too wrapped up in myself. I'm praying that he ws making it up or that it was something he saw on tv.

Anyway, i got through the day and loved the teaching. Still not looking forward to Monday but i'm not scared anymore. so that's good. I am sure that i will get scared of going back to work after the weekend (i normally do) at some point so your comments and advice will help with that. Thank you ever so much. Take care

Does the head have any qualities that remind you of someone from your past? Just a thought for a dream analysis. Could have been just a weird dream.
Glad everything is plainer in the light of the day, go get um tiger,,,,,,,,,,,groooooowl
Kudos for a tough day accomplished.

Erm i'm not sure he reminds me of anyone as such but i suppose his behaviuor in real life could be reminding me of qualities of the guy who r***d me. Hes a bully basically. Has got rid of staff for being incompetent when in my eyes they were more than competent. He got rid of them because he wants to be seen as doing something to improve the school - he just picks on the weakest targets. He has made quite a few people have nervous breakdowns because of this. But i dont see the head as him. There's a member on here who offers drem analysis so i might ask them their opinion. Any comment gratefully received. Thanks for bigging me up lol. Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back