• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Scared To Go Back To Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand the Fear

Hi: I too understand totally. I have been off work for about 3 weeks now. I was out all of Jan for my hubby's radiation treatments. In Feb, I returned back full force thinking I needed to get back into the swing of things. However, after 2 weeks, I started getting sick. First the nausea, then diahrrhea(SP), then the full blown panic attacks. I can't concentrate, too much noise, loud voices, demands, etc etc. I finally got to where I couldn't even get out of bed. I decided this couldn't go on and sought help. Its taken 3 weeks to get into a Doc's office. I did the intake and the therapist said I had PTSD with severe depression. I couldn't even go out of the house without hubby with me. I see the Doc on Monday.

AND...I am changing jobs. This one at Home Health has added to the symptoms. I know I probably shouldn't make major decisions right now, BUT the place I work now is not healthy for me. I am returning part-time to another hospital. The staff , (so far), seems supportive and team oriented. I think this is where I need to go. IF I don't maintain there, then its career change time. Luckily, my hubby is my biggest support.

I am reading all of ya'lls thoughts and suggestions. They are helping. Thanks for all you do...
della

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back