• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Scary Treatment Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Surviving224

Hi. I’m an adult but I’m not being treated like one. The whole team at this place I go to sat down with my abuser and showed them the treatment plan which falsely stated I had schizophrenia and they had these super elaborate things for me to go through with my abuser. (Cognitive remediation/Neurocognitive therapy). How traumatizing. They’re actually putting me in danger and subjecting me to treatment I do not need and telling me I’m psychotic for saying this abuser is abusing me. This is like gaslighting to the extreme like I’ll be getting treatment and that treatment will be telling me the abuse isnt happening I’m and schizophrenic.

I don’t have schizophrenia. This place doesn’t even have a psychiatrist and they diagnosed me with it. I’ve seen a psychiatrist for over a year and was never diagnosed with schizophrenia only ptsd, bipolar, depression, anxiety.

What the actual hell. Like I’m actually going to throw up. I legit can’t cope I’m so traumatized.

What would you do?

How traumatizing. They’re actually putting me in danger and subjecting me to treatment I do not need and telling me I’m psychotic for saying this abuser is abusing me. This is like gaslighting to the extreme like I’ll be getting treatment and that treatment will be telling me the abuse isnt happening I’m and schizophrenic.
Can you write more specifics about the situation? It'd help to know what country you are in, if you're comfortable sharing that.

The whole team at this place I go to sat down with my abuser and showed them the treatment plan which falsely stated I had schizophrenia and they had these super elaborate things for me to go through with my abuser. (Cognitive remediation/Neurocognitive therapy)
This can happen when the claims of abuse are false. I'm just wondering why they would believe that this other person - the person you say is your abuser - hasn't, in fact, abused you?

Im having a professional psychiatrist who has treated me who knows im in a domestic violence situation speak with my therapist bc my therapist thinks the world of my abuser, has sent them over 50 emails, overly concerned about me and how sick i am when im not that bad im traumatized and need help. My abuser convinced these people i dont have trauma and i have schizoprenia not that theres anything wrong with that its just i have ptsd from child hood and adult hood and im not coping well and the treatment they are planning to do is insane it would destroy my psyche.

It’s like the Gabby petito case. May she Rest In Peace. My heart goes out to her and her family. But How Brian kissed up to the cops and fooled them. It’s what abusers do and these providers are failing to help me or listen to me.

Concerning why they would listen to the abuser over victim. The abuser is the parent of me too but I’m an adult still trapped they won’t let me go. When I try to work or get a job they will provoke me and my anxiety goes to the max.

Looking at the big picture. How do i get out of this domestic violence situation. But right now im dealing with this treatment place and seeing if they will make things right.

Do you have an exit plan yet? This is where you should start IMHO. I don’t think this treatment place can help you. If you’re in the USA this is a HUGE breach of confidentiality laws.

Honestly, treatment at this point can only attempt to stabilize you, and since you still live with your abuser, progress may not be a possibility. Moving on to the treatment/processing phase isn’t even a possibility since you need to be stable first.

Making an exit plan is the best thing you can do right now. Others here have escaped from abusive situations and can help guide you, if you ask.

That sounds like an intense and challenging situation. Can your psychiatrist offer more support in helping you get out of the situation? Really sorry you are dealing with that.

This is turning into a munchausen by proxy situation. My parent and has convinced my therapist I have these mental illnesses and exaggerates and lies about my mental health and I have to do all sorts of mind altering therapies with the person that’s hurting me.

My therapist is non stop emailing this person going along with it saying how sick I am and how much help I need when I’m not that bad at all. The therapist was constantly checking up on me to my parent when I had the psychiatrist appointments.

When I was younger my parent would make me sick and invasive procedures

How to proceed? Does my therapist potentially have munchausen by proxy too or is she falling into the trap?

It’s like the Gabby petito case.
No it's not.
This is turning into a munchausen by proxy situation.
No, it isn't. You have a mental illness, there is disagreement over what kind.
Does my therapist potentially have munchausen by proxy too
Nope.
How to proceed?
Focus on this.

You said you had a psychiatrist. Can you elaborate on what's stopping you from cancelling your appointments with your 'therapist', and simply continuing with your psychiatrist?

Do you live with your abuser? If so, time to speak to your psychiatrist about moving to a shelter.

Surviving224, you have been trolling the site off and on with variations of this story.

Stop.

If you believe this is in error, correspond with me via Contact Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back