• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Security, security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mee

MyPTSD Pro
having taken a social media break ( and decided to use it less) one of the things I did was remove any pictures I had on The dreaded fb.
I saw a member in a group I was in printing s new group she started that sounded good and she wouldn’T let me join because I have no profile picture. ( she wants a female only group)

Sigh. I said I was happy to send a picture; either the one i’d Had as a profile picture when we messaged some time ago or that and a second to show it was not some stock photo I kept but I did not plan to reinstate a profile pic right now :)

The thing that really frustrates me over this is that it’s an insucure method of ‘proof’. I understand she is trying to create a secure environment but ....it cannot be :(.

I did recently find out about an app that is like a passport and you can use it like online ID. I’d be prepared to do that. I am actually not insane (haha) about MY security I just get freaked about this kind of attitude that a picture of me could prove I am a woman; Or that online deception isn’t possible.

Fwiw the other joining question was if you have a mental illness only eligible to join if in therapy . I declared PTSD . Anyone with poor intent just is not going to own up: and sadly lots of people just do not know I think.

Is it hyper vigilant to think it’s weird when people expect truth in these situations? Deception was a big part of my trigger incident but I have always felt ‘authenticity ’ was pretty rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back