• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Severe Burnout and Concentration Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrganicRobot

Learning
So recently I had a leave of absence from mid-October to mid-December of last year (2019) for severe burnout (on top of my C-PTSD). I had to for various reasons (late 2018 thorugh 2019 was one major stressor after another). I should have taken leave a year earlier but I was too afraid to especially because a lot of tasks were being reshuffled and my team is a bit short staffed (my team and employer are awesome, and I'm really grateful at how lucky I am so I push myself harder for them)... so I pushed myself for a whole extra year to the point my body was screaming at me to STOP. I cut the leave of absence short because after 120 days pay goes down to 60% of one's normal paycheck. I really should have taken 3-4 months but I only took two, and the insurance company had dropped the ball with processing. Myself, my employer and my doctor's were 100% on time with filling out paperwork and sending it to be processed. I had to document everything the week coming back to work just to get everything sorted out (it got sorted thank goodness).

Then holidays... and then January. January 2020 was pretty bad for me. Through February - March I was pushing myself to keep going at work despite barely being able to function. I finally used a week of PTO I saved up at the end of March, but only have 3-4 days of PTO left right now.

I really want to work hard for my team but with my severe burnout already, and me not getting a proper rest... I just can't concentrate at work and do my best. I even started recording the number of tasks I do per day and tried to manage it that way (this includes personal and work tasks). I realized I can dockly) about 25 tasks per day (6.5 at work, 18.5 personal). But because I'm so burnout even small tasks are considered a 'full task' right now... But just to keep afloat I have to constantly go to 25 or more...

Now with the Covid-19 my partner and I have to clean more and add more daily tasks to our routines. But it isn't like I can just take long breaks now to recover and rest since my team also has to deal with Covid-19 as well (on top of their already busy schedules). Rest and recovery is what I need... but I don't have access to it. Which means I'm going get to another breaking point again.

I feel like one voice among many crying out. Lots are suffering right now in different ways. I'm just concerned about breaking again... in an already broken system that is getting further strained.

I'm sorry you are being pushed to your limits. One way or another, something is going to have to give. You can only push yourself to full capacity for so long.

Is there any way you can get help to lighten your load, either at work or home or even better both?

I'm suffering as well. I don't feel like myself. You are not alone. Burn-out? I was burned out with General Office years ago. I finally started a small business that barely stayed afloat my entire life. Now, it's not making anything. , if I were you, I'd be grateful I could still work. I know that doesn't help much, but it's better than what I'm going thru. Don't let yourself fall through the crack. Ask for a promotion to a different job.. Something more challenging. That was that problem at General Office. They had a freeze for a long time, to where I couldn't apply for anything different within the corporation. Good luck!

Burn-out is a severe, debilitating mental disorder within the depression cluster. When you reach that point, you're literally unable to function, including and particularly regarding work.

The term 'burn-out' is being widely used quite colloquially, casually all the time for when someone is just fed up with their job or a little overworked. The actual mental disorder has nothing to do with that.

People actually go on disability for burn-out.

Burn-out is a severe, debilitating mental disorder within the depression cluster. When you reach that point, you're literally unable to function, including and particularly regarding work.

The term 'burn-out' is being widely used quite colloquially, casually all the time for when someone is just fed up with their job or a little overworked. The actual mental disorder has nothing to do with that.

People actually go on disability for burn-out.
I see. I didn't know you could go on disability for it. Thanks! ? I know I'm burned-out! I've got to file for PTSD. I've just got to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back