• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Sexual Advances At Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah... but you did it, nonetheless, which is a success. Slowly but surely build your own confidence. I would even suggest that you walk past him at your choosing, to help you build your confidence, and if he says anything, don't engage him at all and continue walking... ignorance (without panic response) is also just as a powerful weapon towards abusers, as it demonstrates to them that your not interested in what they have to say, nor pay them any attention... which is a form of taking back control away from them.

The night manager grabbed me again last Thursday. He really caught me off guard, he came up behind me and put my arms behind my back and then ran his hands down my hips. And I froze.

I have been talking to all the other women at work about him, I'm hoping there's more power in numbers. I'm not keeping quiet this time. There are other women he has been harassing. Nobody will speak up because he's a manager.

But...I am really being watched by top management now . I'm sure they have heard what I've been saying. I know they're looking for a reason to fire me . And yesterday I almost did get fired, I was warned and told anything else and I'm outta there. It was something really stupid and petty too, nothing to be fired over. I do have a union, so they will have my back if needed.

I don't care though.There's other jobs if I lose this one. I just want to burn this guy. I have to work the night shift again on saturday. I am determined to not freeze again. I plan on calling him out on it if he does anything and I plan on getting something done about him.

I haven't told my husband about any of this, I know if I did, he would show up at my work and beat the shit out of the two managers and end up in jail. I don't want that. But I have to do something, work is becoming too stressful.

JB,
I have an idea which you might think is extreme but could be very effective. If you had one of those small recorders and got on tape when something is said to back you up. They have those small digital recorders you could use. That way it can't be just he said she said. You could maybe even mention one of the past "incidents" to get more recorded. If you have a cell phone you could possibly use that also. Even if it has camcorder, it would still get the sound. Just an idea.

If you had one of those small recorders and got on tape when something is said to back you up. They have those small digital recorders you could use. That way it can't be just he said she said. .
I don't know the law where you are WW but here in Australia you cannot 'legally' tape anyone without their consent so if push came to shove and you had some taped evidence it would be inadmissible over here.

But I have to do something, work is becoming too stressful.

You're right, it's best to take a stand, as he doesn't seem to want to stop - maybe he got away with it too many times.. But please be careful in the process of it and don't put yourself in useless danger. Have your back covered at least by the other women if not by your husband - I understand why you wouldn't tell him, I had the same reason for not telling my brother about what happened to me. Just take caution in whatever you do. Nice work you're doing with yourself :)

Jade,

It's good to hear you are standing up for yourself.

I would suggest you make a written record of every inappropriate advance he has made to you. (Dates, times, places, action etc). Ask your other female colleagues to do the same. If sexual harrassment is a criminal offence where you live, take all the written evidence to the Police. Send the same evidence to your bosses boss, his boss, and every boss in the chain upto the company CEO. Also tell your Union what has been going. Do that now, just incase they try to fire you in the future. Don't wait until you are fired to involve the union. They will be able to help and support you, and give you sound advice with regards to the law, and employment law. Speak to your union today, or send them an email, outlining what has happened. Start looking for and applying for other jobs (just in case). You can really do without this sort of added stress.

At work, if he tries anything, tell him straight. If that doesn't work, scream, knee him in the balls, and sound a rape alarm (buy one, borrow one, have one in your pocket at work). If he fires you for it, you will have already involved the Union, and or the Police, so they will be able to help you.

Keep fighting!!

JB,
Not sure what state you are in. However in my state if you are recording a conversation you have with a person you are allowed to record it. You just couldn't record other peoples conversations, without permission. I have no idea of other states, so as Nicolette mentioned. Obviously check your state for what the laws say in your state.

Good luck. I agree also with notifying all you can, police, union, chain of supervisors. Absolutely keep a log of all of these incidents, with as many specifics as possible.

Video evidence is different though, and absolutely admissible in court without the persons consent, as its hard factual proof of what happened in real time.

Again... kick him in the nuts... he said, she said. He screams abuse, you scream abuse back! He did x, so I defended myself or better... just like what he would say, "Don't know what you're talking about... prove it?"

How would a photo differ from a video.........I have photos of my assault and the judge would not accept the ones taken on my phone and only the ones by the police?

Because a video is classified differently, because its an actual streaming recording, not a still image which can be easily manipulated with photo editing software.

Last night , I was waiting to clock out and he came in. I was caught totally off guard again, this time because I was texting. He leaned over and started rubbing his arm/shoulder on mine.

I told him very loudly/bitchy to not be touching me, that he better never touch me again. He said last time he scared me,so it didn't really count. I reminded him that he did touch me last time too and it had better never happen again. We had words back and forth and I felt like backing down, but didn't.

He actually looked shocked and then turned and walked out. As I was leaving, he was in the main office talking to his boss. I didn't have a witness and didn't have audio or video, which was my own fault because I was distracted with texting.

I don't know if I will be called into the office today or not. I don't really care. At least I didn't freeze this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back