• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Shooting trauma & coping with fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwaway

New Here
My husband shot (and killed) himself in front of me and I’m having a very hard time. I need a quiet, non-fireworks zone for major fireworks holidays.

Welcome. Glad you are here.

Are you able to plan a short trip during the time of fireworks? Somewhere more rural where it will be more quiet?

Welcome. Glad you are here.

Are you able to plan a short trip during the time of fireworks? Somewhere more rural where it will be more quiet?
I am planning on doing that. After I posted, I remembered a place that might be rural enough. At the very least, they would have a very small fireworks display, and I think I could handle that.

Thank you for the welcome.

Combat Vet.

For the better part of 10 years I took my kid to the mountains & the beach.

We DID light off our own fireworks. Which is a very different thing. Most of the time. But not all of the time.

Basketballs help. Bouncing them, and feeling the noise and repercussion; as it echoes through your bones, and muscles, and heart, and mind. Popcorn helps. Drumming helps. Things you’re in control of… whether fireworks, basketballs, drumming, or popcorn? Any/all add a layer of control. That’s not perfect, don’t expect perfection, but still helps.

If you want real peace, though?

A) Leave the country.
B) Eliminate the trigger/stressor
C) Sort the trauma itself.

In order of least effort to most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back