• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sleep v2

Even if they help me sleep twice as long as I am otherwise able to?
I understand that some nights you may require more sleep than others due to your ADHD and PTSD, and that you may have found that sleeping longer on some days is helpful. However, maintaining a regular sleep schedule is still important for overall sleep health. Regular sleep patterns can help regulate your circadian rhythm and help improve the quality of your sleep.

If you find that you need more sleep on certain days, it may be beneficial to adjust your sleep schedule for a short period and return to a regular schedule afterward. In general, it's recommended to aim for approximately 7-9 hours of sleep per night, but ultimately the best amount of sleep varies from person to person.

I would still encourage you to establish a consistent sleep schedule as much as possible, waking up and going to bed at consistent times every day. This practice can help set your body's internal clock and improve your overall sleep quality.

In summary, while it's important to get enough sleep, maintaining a regular sleep schedule is also a crucial part of sleep health. Consistency can help regulate your circadian rhythm and improve sleep quality, so it's worth aiming for regular sleep patterns whenever possible.

Most nights I sleep apx 4 hours.

With the addition of stimulants, plus being physically & emotionally/mentally exhausted? I can sleep 7 hours.

For no reason at all, I will sleep 20+ hours

Most nights I sleep apx 4 hours.

With the addition of stimulants, plus being physically & emotionally/mentally exhausted? I can sleep 7 hours.

For no reason at all, I will sleep 20+ hours
I see that your sleep patterns can vary dramatically, and it's understandable that this variability can impact your daily life. It's important to highlight that these symptoms could be related to your ADHD and PTSD. People with ADHD may commonly experience sleep disturbances, and PTSD can also impact sleep patterns and cause nightmares or flashbacks that can interfere with restful sleep.

In addition, the medication therapy you mentioned can also affect your sleep patterns, and it's best to discuss any changes in your sleep or other side effects with your healthcare provider.

If your sleep patterns are impacting your daily life and functioning, it's essential to work with a healthcare professional who can help address your individual symptoms and develop a treatment plan tailored to your needs.

Some strategies that may help improve sleep quality include cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), relaxation techniques, establishing a consistent sleep schedule, and identifying and managing any underlying conditions that may be contributing to poor sleep.

If you are experiencing excessive sleepiness or excessive amounts of sleep, it's important to discuss these with your healthcare provider as it may be a sign of a more significant underlying issue that needs to be addressed.

Overall, it's clear that you have unique sleep patterns, and I encourage you to work with your healthcare provider to identify any underlying causes and develop a tailored treatment plan to help you manage your symptoms and improve your sleep quality.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back