• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Supporter So is this a place I could talk things out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki_Heat

New Here
Hello everyone.

My best friend has PTSD, it's really bad at the moment. I'm all she has and I'm struggling a bit right now.
Is this a place I can talk and vent to people and maybe cry it out if I need to? I don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff.
I don't know if you guys can help or listen but I just don't know what to do right now.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post anyway, hope you're all well.

Welcome!

Thank you so much for being willing to be your besties supporter. It's a tough job.

And yep - that's what this place is for. There are lots of sufferers (like me) and supporters around here who understand what you are facing and can help.

Welcome, @Nikki_Heat - I've moved your thread into our Introductions forum since it felt a little like an introducing yourself post :)
I'm all she has and I'm struggling a bit right now.
This can be really, really tough. Posting in our Supporter Discussion area is a great way to get advice and support for you - and, you'll also see there's a place for Dead Link Removed starting a diary can be a helpful tool as well, when you are full of feelings and need somewhere to put them.

Welcome, @Nikki_Heat
What an awesome friend you are for seeking out info to help your BF. You are in the right place.

The most important thing, is that you are taking care of yourself first (psychologically) and being supportive but not doing the work for your friend. Helping to find resources can be really a game changer, as sometimes it's difficult for us (me, anyway) to compile information, make lists and phone calls. Those things are practical and necessary.

I hope you find the answers you need and that blessings will follow you on this journey.

Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place. We are here to listen and support you, your not alone.

Absolutely, this is a place for support, even for those who are supporting others. What a great friend you are being to her. Come to vent, ask input, or just, as you said, cry it out. Prayers for peace and strength for you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back