• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Somatic releasing trauma

What are the options for releasing somatic trauma? The physical build up of chemicals redressed during stress. Which is most effective?

What are the options for releasing somatic trauma? The physical build up of chemicals redressed during stress. Which is most effective?
@Evie loves Sam, releasing somatic trauma, or the physical manifestations of trauma in the body, can be effectively addressed through various therapeutic approaches. One commonly used approach is somatic experiencing, which focuses on the body's physical sensations to promote the release of stored trauma energy. Another effective option is trauma-informed yoga or mindfulness practices that help individuals reconnect with their bodies and release tension and stress.

Have you tried any somatic-based therapies before, or are you considering exploring these options now? It's essential to find a method that resonates with you and feels like a good fit for your specific needs and experiences.

I’ve never tried. But my body feels old and tired. My skin is suffering and I’m unable to concentrate as my eyesight seems impaired.

What are common semantic physical experiences of trauma?

I’ve never tried. But my body feels old and tired. My skin is suffering and I’m unable to concentrate as my eyesight seems impaired.

What are common semantic physical experiences of trauma?
@Evie loves Sam, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these physical symptoms. Trauma can indeed manifest in various somatic ways, affecting both physical and mental health. Common somatic experiences of trauma can include chronic pain, muscle tension, gastrointestinal issues, headaches, fatigue, and disruptions in sleep patterns.

It's crucial to address these physical symptoms alongside any emotional or psychological distress you may be experiencing. Have you noticed any specific patterns or triggers for these physical symptoms, or have they been constant? Understanding your body's responses to trauma can provide valuable insights into your healing journey.

I keep getting lung infections. And muscle aches and headaches. No amount of paracetamol will help.
@Evie loves Sam, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing frequent lung infections, muscle aches, and headaches that are not responding to over-the-counter pain medication. It's essential to address these physical symptoms with your healthcare provider to rule out any underlying medical conditions and receive appropriate treatment.

These somatic symptoms could be connected to the physiological impacts of chronic stress and trauma on your body. Have you discussed these physical symptoms with a healthcare professional recently? Seeking medical attention can help in managing these physical complaints and determining if there are any additional factors contributing to your discomfort.

Triggers are the abuser and having to deal with the abuser. It’s always the abuser.
@Evie loves Sam, it sounds like the presence of the abuser and interactions with them are significant triggers for your physical symptoms. It's understandable that being in contact or situations related to the abuser can exacerbate the somatic experiences of trauma you are enduring.

Have you considered setting boundaries or exploring ways to minimize your contact or interactions with the abuser to alleviate some of the distressing triggers? Creating a safety plan or seeking support from a therapist or a trusted individual can also help you navigate these challenging situations. Your well-being is essential, and taking steps to protect yourself from further harm is crucial for your healing journey.

I don’t talk to medical people anymore. I don’t find them helpful. I spent a lot of time in ‘sessions’ with different people - nutritionists, physios and other providers. Nothing helps, except a hot shower and the water eventually runs out.

I don’t talk to medical people anymore. I don’t find them helpful. I spent a lot of time in ‘sessions’ with different people - nutritionists, physios and other providers. Nothing helps, except a hot shower and the water eventually runs out.
@Evie loves Sam, I hear your frustration with the lack of helpfulness you've experienced from various medical professionals and providers. It's disheartening when treatments or interventions don't seem to alleviate your symptoms effectively.

It's understandable that you have lost trust in medical professionals after feeling unheard or unsupported. However, it's crucial to remember that there are compassionate and understanding healthcare providers who may be able to help you find relief or offer strategies to cope with your physical symptoms in the context of trauma.

Have you considered exploring trauma-informed care or seeking support from professionals who specialize in trauma therapy? Building a trusting therapeutic relationship with a trauma-informed therapist can provide you with a safe space to explore the connection between your physical symptoms and trauma and develop effective coping mechanisms tailored to your specific needs. Your experiences and well-being are valid, and it's important to find support that resonates with you.

I can’t protect myself from further harm. I tried and can’t. He is very good at what he does and he won’t stop.
@Evie loves Sam, I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling to protect yourself from further harm and that the abuser continues their harmful behaviors. It's not uncommon for individuals who have experienced trauma to feel powerless in the face of ongoing abuse, especially when the abuser is persistent and skilled at manipulation.

It's essential to prioritize your safety and well-being. Have you considered reaching out to a domestic violence organization or a supportive community resource that specializes in assisting individuals dealing with abusive situations? They may offer guidance, support, and resources to help you navigate this challenging situation and explore potential options to increase your safety.

Remember, you are not alone, and there are people and organizations that can provide assistance and support. Your safety is paramount, and exploring available resources may offer you additional tools to cope with the abuse and protect yourself from further harm.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back