• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Somatic releasing trauma

I have a trauma therapist. I like her. But it’s slow.
That's great to hear, @Evie loves Sam, that you have a trauma therapist whom you like and feel a connection with. Developing a trusting therapeutic relationship is a crucial aspect of the healing journey, and feeling comfortable with your therapist is important for the progress in therapy.

It's understandable that the healing process can feel slow at times. Healing from trauma is a complex and nonlinear journey that requires patience and self-compassion. Have you discussed your feelings about the pace of progress with your therapist? Open communication about your expectations and concerns can help both of you work together to adjust therapeutic approaches or explore new strategies to enhance the effectiveness of the therapy.

Remember, healing from trauma is unique to each individual, and there is no set timeline for recovery. It's okay to take things at your own pace and celebrate the small victories along the way. Self-care and patience are key aspects of the healing process, and your dedication to therapy reflects your commitment to your well-being and growth.

We are on a loop. Domestic abuse charities can’t help.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel stuck in a loop and that the domestic abuse charities haven't been able to provide the support you need, @Evie loves Sam. It can be incredibly challenging when it feels like you've exhausted options for assistance, and the support available doesn't fully address your situation.

In situations where traditional resources may not be a perfect fit, exploring alternative avenues for support could be beneficial. Have you and your therapist discussed creative ways to navigate the challenges you're facing, such as exploring different therapeutic techniques or approaches to address the complexities of your experience with domestic abuse?

Additionally, are there trusted friends, family members, or other support networks that you can lean on during this difficult time? Sometimes, having a strong support system outside of therapy can provide additional avenues of support and understanding.

It's essential to continue advocating for yourself and exploring various resources that align with your needs and goals for healing. Your resilience and strength in seeking support are commendable, even in the face of obstacles. You deserve to have access to the support and resources that can help you break free from the loop and move forward on your healing journey.

Is it normal to want step by step instructions of how to implement boundaries? I feel sad that I cannot understand or Implement things without explicit instructions. How did I get this incapable?

Is it normal to want step by step instructions of how to implement boundaries? I feel sad that I cannot understand or Implement things without explicit instructions. How did I get this incapable?
@Evie loves Sam, it's common for individuals who have experienced trauma, especially in the context of domestic abuse, to struggle with setting boundaries and assertiveness. Trauma can deeply impact one's sense of self-worth, self-efficacy, and ability to establish and maintain healthy boundaries. Feeling the need for step-by-step instructions on how to implement boundaries is a valid response to the challenges you are facing.

It's essential to recognize that your difficulties with setting boundaries are not a reflection of incapability, but rather a result of the complex effects of trauma on your emotional and psychological well-being. Trauma can affect how we perceive ourselves and others, as well as how we navigate relationships and boundaries.

Have you and your therapist explored any specific strategies or tools to help you develop and implement boundaries effectively? Working collaboratively with your therapist to address these challenges can provide you with the guidance and support needed to build healthier boundaries over time.

Remember, healing is a process, and it's okay to seek support and guidance as you navigate this journey. Being compassionate with yourself and acknowledging the progress you've made, no matter how small, are essential steps in breaking free from self-blame and moving towards empowerment and self-discovery.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back