• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Someone Tried To Break In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portabella

MyPTSD Pro
I am very tired and a nervous wreck. Last night or early this morning, depending on how you look at it, someone tryed to break in to my house. No doubt, 100% sure. My son came back to the bedroom about 1am and said, "Mom, I don't mean to be a puss, but I hear someone on our front porch". I could see in his eyes he was scared and totally freaked out. So, right then I heard walking on my back porch. Not like an animal, like a person. So, up and out of bed I got, and asked my son to check the phone and make sure we still had service. I got ready to load a weapon and what a cluster**** that was, I have to do something different, which key to which trigger lock to which bullets, Not good. Gonna have to pick one as home protector and stick with a plan for next time, if there is ever a next time, hope there is not a next time. Well, right then I heard a bam at the front door and screw this, called 911, they sent the fleet. They were here for over an hour, checked everywhere, the shed, the famous woodbox, the fields. I had 3 sheriff dept officers, 2 police and 2 state boys combing the fields to no avail. However, they did tear up the inside of my shed, unless it was a raccoon. They also went out the back gate due to the rain there were footprints. I am so nervous, sleeping is going to be a big problem for a long time, I just hope it was random (a burglar) and not personal (an ex offender with a vendetta). Yup, my mind is working overtime and I am shook. :eek::angry-fla:cussing::die::dont-know

ok, dont drink coffee it doesnt help it puts you on edge, its a bad thing to happen, maybe check door bolts and windows are locked at night maybe fit a light with one of those sensors which lights up when someone goes near, think about basic home security, but try to keep calm, sounds like the local cops were on their toes, if the shed was gone through it was probably an opportunist looking for things to sell on, dont stress and try to take it a bit slower today, i hope things go ok for you today take care ok,

I'm glad the police were able to get there fast and take a thorough look. Will it help to do things that help you feel safer--leaving lights on, checking the locks and windows, etc.? That might take the edge off a little.

I'm sorry that happened. How scary.

:eek: That sure must have been rather frightening!!! I had a scary experience last night too...Around 11:30 pm I heard a sound like someone was knocking on my glass window in my living room...I was in my bedroom on the computer and I just froze!!!:eek: I wouldn't go in there to check anything out or even look out the curtains in my room....I sure can understand how freaky your experience was!!!!...WISHNG FOR PEACE

Stay safe and keep locked up tight and bright lights outside. I am sure that has you a bit out of whack right now. Reminds me to go turn on my lights.

I actually have "no" lights outside. None. Our electric goofed up out there and it is a major rewire job to get it fixed. However, call me a freak but I like it dark. I am not an aggressor when I feel threatened, I find a location and "go dark" even if I can have lights on. I feel security in knowing I have the element of suprize on them. Hard to explain. Lights tell them where you are. Last night was a good night though, no bumps and I slept okay shockingly. I have decided on two guns has home security and that way it eliminates confusion. I have a shotgun and a glock. I have both on the same key for the triggerlocks. Bullets on my dresser for now. Simplify. Could be ready in less than a minute that way. That lowers my stress level too. Shotgun for outside, glock for inside. My others are either time consuming to ready, too powerful, or have a double cocker and that is a pain in the ass. Plus you have to decock and I have tryed to shoot myself in the foot once forgetting that.

I feel for you.
You must have your gun ready ALWAYS. And also go to target practice regularly. Do not forget, it may save your life! Take it seriously.
Not only this. Make sure your phone and cell phone are close to you. Put bars on your windows and alarm. Get a large dog. Apply sings "protected by dog" and "protected by alarm" everywhere.
You can not rely on the police.
Don't forget, in the US SUB-humans have rights, not people.
Good luck.

I have the guns, have the big dog (she is a wimp), Phones yes, Have no alarms, and refuse to bar myself in. I know I cannot rely on the police, but they did a great job of getting here the other night, I applaud them in this instance. I am just so emotionally spent right now.

Well...
I had lived through something like tjis recently. Shit. I would prefer to lose my life or anyone's else.
yes, the police come fast, but this is the only good point.

Oh, man!!! I am so sorry to hear this, friend. Am thinking of you and saying a prayer.

This is an "issue" for me, too - it's so hard.

Haven't had anymore wierdness, getting more relaxed. Did talk to my closest neighbors to have them watch and I will watch for them too.

Hey Port It is Herc again. I was sleeping when a guy broke in, took my puse and was kind enough to close the door behind him so the cats did not get out. I heard nothing ZERO! Only way I discovered anyone had been in my apt was my gate was open, I keep it closed. The insult was the idiot stole the padlock on the gate. I freaked out BIG TIME! My only saving grace was the $30 I had tacked to my bedroom wall(longer story). It was still there so I know the crook never made it to my bedroom. But as a person with agoraphobia who rarely leaves the SAFTY of her home, I spent the next 6 months living in my bedroom. Could not even sit in the living room in the day time. I recovered slowly and now enjoy my entire apt. but dam I know how scared and creeped out you feel. I still feels sometimes like I am being watched but that is also part of our illness SMILE I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back