Something that made me happy today.

shimmerz

MyPTSD Pro
Working through trauma is such a shit show isn't it? And honestly, it was so hard to find anything that was good in my life for over a decade. I wish someone had pointed me in that direction though because it made my brain literally seek out the shit and ignore the good. I got so good at not being able to see anything good that it really took effort when I tried to see the happy stuff in my life again.

No idea if anyone is game for this but it was so helpful to me (still is). I used to ask my kids this every day when they came home from school.

What happened today that made you happy?
Who was nice to you today?
Was there anything you felt connected to?
That made you smile?

Tornadic Thoughts

MyPTSD Pro
From a kindred brain who all too well learned to seek the shit and ignore the good, too, I feel ya'. Grateful for the shift(s) that happen(ed) to reinstate some awe. Learning to use the shit as fertilizer for more good stuff was a bonus. Thanks for the fun prompt to bring more a-tension to the non-shitty. 🙂

Picked and ate wild greens freely growing at my feet that are edible and nourishing. (hairy bittercress) Reminding me of all the others soon to follow as it keeps getting warmer. 🌱

A stranger at a stoplight rolled their window down and yelled across to me in a parking lot that she loved my outfit. Woah. My tie-dyed shirt, jeans, muck boots, and straw hat usually don't elicit that kind of response. lol Made my day. Yee-hah! 💛

My mom, who passed away two years ago today, the trees, the earth below my feet, the sun, and the water. I visited the spot next to the mountain stream where I built a heart-shaped rock memorial and hugged the tree that's next to it while I spoke my thoughts out loud. Tears of sadness and tears of joy. Both being a very welcome release. 🥲🌳🌞

That made you smile?
All of the above. 😍

shimmerz

MyPTSD Pro
OMG DharmaGirl, this made me laugh out loud!

Tornadic, thank you. Sounds like you had a great day!

Me?

I have made a new group of friends and one of them called me today to come have coffee. I sat with her and her friend and it was just so 'normal'. I am so happy to be doing normal again. I have no words....

My son, who called me just to shoot the shit.

The beautiful weather. OMG. 64 degrees! The geese are coming back! The birds are chirping! I took my foster cat out on the leash today and she dealt well. OMG so many things!

That made you smile?
Hmmmm, have to work on that. I have no idea if I smiled at all today. I must have.
Right?

shimmerz

MyPTSD Pro
Henna'd my hair back to blonde again. I have been wanting to do that in forever and finally was able to. Made me happy. Also helped me feel like I am getting somewhere.