• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Steady anxiety, unsure if trigger related

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunForever

Learning
I'm just curious if anyone has experienced this. Steady anxiety from when I get up till I manage to fall asleep. Nightmares and broken sleep. The only thing I can think of is that it's left over from a T session over a week ago.
I feel uncomfortable in my body all the time. Like something inside needs to get out but I can't figure out how. It's been steadily getting worse over the last month and the last session definitely made it worse. My T seems to think that it's just normal anxiety about life but I know it's not. I know when something isn't right and I know this isn't right. I just have no idea why it's happening or how to get a hold on it.
Any thoughts, ideas?

I used to have it like that. For years. Until I processed enough bad memories, found techniques to calm when dissociating and flasbacks. Crying helps when feeling like that.

I wish for you to feel better

Yep, I'm experiencing this right now. You're not alone! For me it's anniversary date related and new medication changes. I feel like crawling out of my skin, it's been going on steady for about a month now. Can't sleep unless I take hydroxizine then I sleep too much.

I'm just curious if anyone has experienced this. Steady anxiety from when I get up till I manage to...

Sometimes, if I was lucky and pushed myself too much I’d also get symptoms of derealization. I likely had dissociation too but I’m thinking of one point where I was at a store and it got so bad I felt I was on LSD. I haven’t tried LCD, but it felt like a psychoactive substance for sure. I had to lock myself in a dark bathroom, plug my ears and breathe to calm down

**LSD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AnD
I am responding to you because you mentioned this could be related to therapist but because you did not say what happened it is hard to speculate.

For me, at the beginning of my therapy (during to get to know you phase), I would occasionally (seemed often but looking back was occasionally), find myself gripped by unbelievable anxiety and even some insomia ...so high, I honestly thought I'd lose my mind. It DID relate to my therapy...cause they were poking or I was poking the bubble of memories I shut down from years and years ago.

These are few things that I did, remembered or worked for me in random ways. Hope you find some help in it.

First each high anxiety was a building up of breakthrough...cause when it broke, I was like wow!!!!!!! it was worth it...a great insights came apart.
I realized also this was my child part pushing me to understand something about myself (I have a lot of body memory because bulk of my trauma started before 4yrs and just got worse over time) so my inner child power was pushing through for something. I asked one time, what do you want? and kept answering until the right answer came --- that time, the answer was I felt threatened! I was scared of the therapist and honestly, I was so relieved...cause this revelation broke the trance of anxiety and brought me to here and now. I learned as I started to wake up from the anxiety grip, that my therapist at the time had aggression counter-transference. basically she was encouraging my aggression (my mom side that is my shadow) and few months after that breakthrough I left that therapist.

I wrote stories with my non-dominant hand, and weird but great things came out.
I put intention before sleep. I love to solve my anxiety while you sleep. dreams (IMHO) are sometimes the key to healing childhood trauma that has no language but symbolism and feelings -even a nightmare dream is useful for me. I actually always always push things to my dreams because my brain and my body know way more than I know about my past.

I bring up in therapy and ask the therapist, if I can sit on it...I do not have to talk but feel the anxiety in the room with them...some therapist may not like this and fidget or ask questions but that also tells you something concrete about the therapist.

The mere fact this anxiety is so gripping and arose from the therapy means you are very close to open a chapter and find a real answer.

Hope this makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back