• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Stood my ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitoshi

MyPTSD Pro
I stood my ground verbally on something I didn't want to add to my wedding that a florist was pressuring me on today. It was just a quote, but I don't want ceremony flowers because our venue is already beautiful.

She was really frustrated with me because she said it's not how it's done, and I felt really anxious in the moment, but I'm pretty proud I stood up for myself and what I wanted.

Now I just need to learn to recognize it on a more consistent basis and act on it more consistently with people I'm close to. I will still count it a win, though.

Congrats on standing your ground. :)

Even if you don't feel comfortable doing that with those close to you right now, you're still making progress, and working on getting to the point where eventually you'll feel more ok with confrontation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back