• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

IBS Stress induced gastric issues from ptsd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I just no longer eat after 4 pm - so that when I lie down I can actually sleep instead of choking to death or having severe gastric reflux- its working out fine seen as I have no money or desire to go out

Yup me too... not just from stress, but stress makes it like 25 times worse cuz it hits me right in the guts.
I too use peppermint, I use it in a tea 100% with no black/white or silver/green tea or other ingredients. I nix or really restrict caffeine intake, drink fluids between meals instead of with the meal.

OP you really didn't say if it was digestive of gastro intestinal... it makes a difference. I experience both during stress so will wait for you to provide more info.

I was diagnosed for many years with severe irritable bowel syndrome and severe nervous stomach. Was constantly coming down with "stomach bugs". Whenever facing an anxious scene of any kind, I'd hurl my guts up. Heartburn and acid reflux was a frequent occurrence, too. The doc kept me well supplied with a pill for nausea, suggesting all the typical OTC methods for relief, and kept saying all my blood work was okay and she wasn't sure what else to do, so I just lived with it.

A little over two years ago, after a gall bladder attack that luckily didn't require surgery, I chose to drastically switch my consumption habits (was already eating only locally grown and "humanely" raised meats, dairy, and eggs) to a mainly whole foods plant-based vegan diet by eliminating all meat, dairy, eggs, and highly processed foods, along with giving up caffeine and alcohol. I was also morbidly obese, weighing in at over 300lbs. It was rough as hell getting used to it and dealing with all the toxic stuff exiting my body at rapid rates some days, but it very clearly remains one of the best moves I've ever made for my health. No more gut issues, very regular in eliminating (never was before), more energy, less brain fog, lost 110 lbs., etc.

Remaining mindful of food combining - especially not eating fruit after eating other food group items, thorough chewing, not drinking with meals, not eating after dinner, hydrating first thing in the morning and not eating solid food until 11ish or later, no longer digesting the energies of other living beings who are being grossly exploited for our taste bud pleasure, eliminating as much of the artificial food-like substances as possible, and no longer crashing my adrenals on a regular basis with caffeine has changed my life in ways I'd long been convinced by doctors wasn't possible.

My particular "elimination diet", or whatever you wish to call it also included resigning from the highly stressful job that was taking me down and relocating to an environment where I'm now surrounded by nature and don't have to deal with "peopling" all day every day. Wishing you luck in finding relief. It sucks to feel chained to the loo all day.

yeah I had a sick gallbladder after one year of elimination diet, mine had to be removed. Good point Tornadic... might be something worth being screened for.

Hard to say really unless or until the OP is a bit more specific about the distress.

Last edited by a moderator:
No its every morning when I go take my medication & have coffee it just goes right through me asap and I feel like its affecting wether or not my medication is being properly absorbed. After 2 or 3 times in the first few hours I'm up it goes away.

Then fiber... I use gelatin caps psyllium husk or some such... no additives. And adjust your med time til after you've had your morning sit(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back