• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Submitting a resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justmehere

Sponsor
I'm submitting a resignation. Struggling with it. I need to submit two, and I submitted one, and it went okay. The second... it has to happen, especially seeing how much better I did within an hour after the first resignation.

It's going to probably be a sudden resignation. In this situation, I'm getting triggered so badly I'm having stress induced kidney issues... it's no longer a matter of I'll just learn to manage PTSD better or something. It also triggers me so much that an extended resignation would probably be really hard to sustain. I will offer to help with transition time, but in a limited way.

I don't know how to explain why last week I engaged in long term planning for my team with enthusiasm, which for complex reasons is likely to mostly disappear when I resign, and now... I have to be done suddenly. There's a better transition point in 7 days than tomorrow.

I don't think I can do this though, and I think I have to bail, and at a rude point, but this... I can't sustain.

How do I even write this letter to resign? How do I have the whatever courage I need to click send?

I don't know how to explain why last week I engaged in long term planning for my team with enthusiasm, which for complex reasons is likely to mostly disappear when I resign, and now... I have to be done suddenly.
Due to a sudden health issue I am forced to submit my immediate resignation.

^^^ No more explanation needed than that ^^^

Any space left on the page = fill with kudos, gratitude, best wishes, contact info, etc..

Job done.

No pun intended, but hey. 😉

How do I have the whatever courage I need to click send?
The phrase “brazenly click send” has seen me through a lot of these moments.

Due to a sudden health issue I am forced to submit my immediate resignation.
Yep,
This is what I had to do - and it sucked!!!
But, it was the truth. I had come to the place where my health was so bad it HAD to be the priority.

The most interesting part? Was how fast they both replaced me and forgot me.
I thought my leadership in several long term projects would be missed
I was wrong

I don't say that to be dismissive
I say that it was one of the BEST decisions I've ever made
No job is worth your health or happiness.
And NO explanations are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back