• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sudden Anger / Frustration Within Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

MyPTSD Pro
i have never had much "temper" nor felt angry very often, which i count as a blessing. all of a sudden this week, i am having trouble controlling my tongue, i want to be snappy, i guess, i usually stop myself and mutter under my breath later. also, when i am very shakey and drop things, can't get things open, etc...i feel like i am going to just explode, and i want to throw things, i won't let myself--i hated to see that myself--all this just makes me hate myself and i am now afraid i will start acting like them. i don't know if this is anger, or frustration, or what, but i am not used to it. how do you control it without just shaking? i don't want to run off all my friends/family like i surely will if i don't get a grip.
cathy:wall:

Is something specific happening that might be causing it? Like extra stress or illness, etc? I'm just wondering because you say you're not usually like that.

I'm having a similar problem at the moment, but I've decided it's because I'm been sick lately. I don't know how to control it, either... do you have a place in your house where you can be alone? I've been going to my room lately and just telling my family sorry I need to be alone right now.

Hi Cathy. Try and calm down if you can, I know that its not easy, but just try. I know that its not like you, but you get days like this with ptsd. So don't worry, your friends and family want to help you. Have you tried going for a walk to calm down, or even a swim at your local pool.
Take it easy my friend.
Thinking about you
Scott:hello:

Cathy, Anthony pushed me hard to see my anger and temper was not anger simply put. He had me go dig deeper in myself as to what emotions I am having that I am not releasing and then in turn comes out as anger. When I could identify the emotions behind something else that may have happened or what I was dealing with in my trauma or even stress over and from meds... Once I could identify it I dealt with those emotions and allowed myself to have them and my anger eases. Now when ever I get ticked off I stop and try to think why am I really ticked? Am I frustrated with PTSD? The shaking make me feel less than? If I drop something am I disappointed in myself? Do I feel like a lost cause? Did someone say something that hurt and maybe I took it wrong? Does not stop the anger from the beginning at once but puts things back in perspective for me and normally I can then have my anger wane now. I don't get as mad as I used too as my mind automatically goes into this way of thinking now of what emotion is fueling the anger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back