• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sudden head pain/headaches when working through trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rosesarered

Hi, has anyone ever experienced sudden headaches/a sharp pain when working through trauma, inside or outside of therapy? For me it comes out of the blue, is quite painful for around a minute and then slowly fades away over the course of maybe 10 mins. I don't have a history of headaches, only migraines when I was younger but that pretty much stopped completely. This is different from the head fog/ tension headache which I experience when dissociating. Thanks.

Sorry to hear you experience that. Hm, I sleep alright when I don't have nightmares so I'm not sure if it's quite the same. I guess it's more a pain I experience when I connect the dots or make progress in some way.

i do, except that mine do not fade quickly. mine remain crippling for unpredictable lengths of time.

the popular theory i most often subscribe to is that they are a form of flashback, perhaps another memory block coming down.

Hi, has anyone ever experienced sudden headaches/a sharp pain when working through trauma, inside or outside of therapy?
the popular theory i most often subscribe to is that they are a form of flashback, perhaps another memory block coming down.
For me - form of flashback or "recalled pain". They happen when I get stressed as well. Had one yesterday.

Like @arfie, they are crippling when they happen. I just shut it down and live in the dark for a while......

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sorry that others experience this because it sucks, but also glad to not feel totally alone with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back