• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach123

MyPTSD Pro
How do you survive? There is so much more contact with people. We live at the beach. Yesterday was forth of July and we have the towns people fireworks on the beach which is illegal like drinking on the beach but the cops stand down.

Some guy (kid) tried to park IN my driveway to walk down there lol. I was like EXCUSE me?

He made a vague reference to thinking it was my neighbors (name dropping) but he was lying, lol.

But it's summer and I have to go to bed while it's still daylight.

It's so much easier to hide in winter you don't have to be out in the yard with the lawnmower.

Please spend the rest of the summer here with me at the beach!

So many people around and traffic. It's quiet in winter though.

Attachments

• IMG_7585.JPG
    IMG_7585.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_7586.JPG
    IMG_7586.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 246
The locals always have ways. We pride ourselves on "knowing how to drive in our town." The season is very short also.

But yeah, you resent it a little.

It's the line between what anyone would feel and being triggered which people in general and summer I wanna party people especially.

Which brings me to the porch people but that's next. I know I wrote about them at legmth in past years, but it's worth revisiting. For me at least.

Hot beach Saturday. It's going to be hot and heavy uptown which is the only public area in the town. It's nice down here. We are not as far down as I'd like but it's nice. There is no public parking or beach anywhere down here. Our last house was 16 streets further down the road to nowhere, the town is a dead end at the northern tip which is in the ocean.

The porch people were a family across from our old rental. They were summer people and had always been there but it was a vacation bash for them all summer always and they sat out on the porch all hours of the day and night all summer and you always had to say hi shouting back and forth and you couldn't come out of the house you know without being accosted by them lol.

They were really nice it's just it drove me crazy and most of the rest of the family but not my wife boy she was a staunch supporter. It just really stuck out like a sore thumb in an otherwise working class neighborhood. Our next door neighbor who was directly across from them was a nurse working nights and she liked them but she was like "nobody ever taught them there was anyone else in the world but them." That was more or less how I felt. It was just a pain in the ass to have to deal with them even though they were so nice.

Anyway my wife was lamenting the old view which was much nicer but I realized last week I wasn't putting up with them anymore and I was like "I like the view here much better thanks." She doesn't think I'm funny but I really meant it. All those people in that neighborhood were much more of a pain in the ass than these people up here so far anyway, so good.

Really hot. Thunderstorms did roll through. It's no cooler, very tropical. Street flooding. I went to the Y for a couple hours. Driving home was tricky in the half dusk and heavy rain. These cars are not great for visibility despite being fairly new. The only car that was any good was my Dodge Ram. It was so high up it was easy to drive in spite of its gigantic size. It was especially good in bad weather it had great headlights as well. That was years ago. When it was brand new it was the bomb despite the horrible gas mileage. Now I don't like driving at night and I avoid it as much as possible. Especially in the rain. I don't feel safe at all driving at night in the rain.

How do you get rid of the bff? lol

I love your view - the beach. But not all of those ppl... Have you got a fake shark siren you can let fly with now and again or paint up some fake 'beach closed - radioactive fall-out' 'environmental waste dump' signs?

I'm glad you like your wife a lot. :)

There is never anyone around really? That was 4th of July 100 degrees and high tide. The tide goes out about 1/4 mile. It gets narrower and rocky and steep at the northern end. At the southern end which is public, there's a wall. Everyone sits up there at high tide because there is no beach. We were down there yesterday at low water. It's not beach enough for towels and blankets really. Beach chairs.

The first couple years we was here I was a professional. We had a tent and a wagon and I lived at the beach with my autistic daughters. I was messed up though. That was the only way I could do it meaning sit on the beach like that. I don't like thinking about it. I actually only partially remember it.

This last couple posts belong in my diary. : )

Thanks for reading them though!

Ok that's better lol! As far as the bff goes? I'll have my wife do that. I'll just make her think it was her idea. She told me once that was how she got me to do what she wanted lol.

Last edited:
Cut the grass today mower and weed whacker. Somehow I always thought I'd grow up and someone else would do it. Now I know they'll let me do it till I can't. Looks nice, it's very small. I mulched the beds. I still have 5 bags of mulch to spread around. There are a couple small trees in the back yard I want to get rid of them so naturally my wife won't hear of it. The roses are gone by and I have to look up what to do with them. I think they have to be cut right back but it's on my list of things to look up. The girls walk around in various stages of undress. I like looking at them,I always did. It's the beach in summer so, there's plenty to see. I know the guys cruise down here to look. I grew up a few towns over and the section uptown here is the only public beach around on the ocean. Everyone always came down here in summer. My mother used to bring me down here when I was a kid.

It's been hot for about a week. Not terrible but close to 90 F every day. It's nice, it was really cold this spring. I'm always cold because of my arthritis. I don't love the heat but I do feel better physically in summer.

It was hot and sunny but the fog rolled in, so nice.

Attachments

• IMG_7627.JPG
    IMG_7627.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_7640.JPG
    IMG_7640.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_7642.JPG
    IMG_7642.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_7645.JPG
    IMG_7645.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
Really hot. Thunderstorms did roll through. It's no cooler, very tropical. Street flooding. I went to the Y for a couple hours. Driving home was tricky in the half dusk and heavy rain. These cars are not great for visibility despite being fairly new. The only car that was any good was my Dodge Ram. It was so high up it was easy to drive in spite of its gigantic size. It was especially good in bad weather it had great headlights as well. That was years ago. When it was brand new it was the bomb despite the horrible gas mileage. Now I don't like driving at night and I avoid it as much as possible. Especially in the rain. I don't feel safe at all driving at night in the rain.
I have a 2011 ram quad cab. I don't like driving anything but a truck. Makes me feel safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back