• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Super Sized Changes - Report Any Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I've rolled out some decent changes in the past hours, and still adding more changes now... all of which are significant and can affect layout, style and such. The end result is faster loading pages... but that comes with risk.

So please raise a ticket with screenshots of any issues encountered please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I've enabled two performance features, which I think should be ok, but one never knows until they run for some time. So... if you experience an issue with:
  • images on mobiles only doing anything weird or wonderful, or
  • images not loading at all, regardless the device used, then
You should raise a ticket immediately with screenshots if possible, denoting the issue.

Images are automatically resized for mobiles and have been for a couple of years now. This change only enhances the existing feature already used... again though, one never knows what weird and wonderful things happen with software and technology. We have also used lazy load for some years... though recent changes to what I hope is improvements all around across all devices.

Lazy load is simply a method to discard all images outside of screen view from a pages loading, so the page loads super fast, then after the page content has loaded, images load after the fact / when scrolled into view on the screen.

Ok, reverted the mobile image changes, leaving the default ones that have worked in place.

Please drop browser cache.

I have dropped all system and CDN caches, but you may need to drop your browsers cache first prior to reporting an issue, to ensure the issue is not local to your device.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have made changes to the PHP performance settings. Please report any weird and wonderful issues via ticket if they exist.

I am aware of chat temporarily doing funny things with showing / not showing -- looking into it and will correct.

Chat not loading is now fixed. Caching issue with the new caching mechanisms in place.

Please report any display / layout problem via ticket, ensure you have dropped your browser cache.

If anyone has Android phone, can you please confirm or deny layout issues with the homepage. I'm not seeing them, but a user has reported such issue.

Tuning some PHP aspects... which is what has caused some downtime. Sorry for that... some is a little trial and error under real world load to understand issues. Working towards solutions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back