• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Supporters: self-care advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyHazel

New Here
What are some things that any fellow supporters do to focus on their own self-care, to avoid burn out and over extending themselves while also caring for your loved one?

Good question… because the burnout is real. Especially during the holidays, and especially this year with the Covid suck.

Mine is an isolator… when he’s hunkered down and being an ass I go do fun, loud, crowded stuff with my friends. Things that he won’t do with me, but that I enjoy.
The COVID suck really got me feeling down and I didn't really remember to keep doing those things with my friends and my hobbies. I recently put alarms on my phone to get myself to get into a schedule to do my things again. My guy and I talked about how I need to do more things out in the world, with and without him. And, he said he wants that too! We are planning some more activities to get us both safely involved in our local community, too. Maybe we'll get ourselves in a good place to start this new year out well.

We’ve been on local travel and restaurant Facebook pages looking for cool hole in the wall places to eat or goofy things to see. We’ve driven a few hours for the “best wings in the state” and whatnot. Think “world’s biggest ball of twine”… usually those things are free/cheap and not crowded at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back