• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Research Survey about Serious Games use in psychotherapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriousGamer

New Here
Hi PTSD forum,

I am a PhD student from Germany (University Kassel). I am doing an international study of clients’ attitudes towards the use of Serious Games in psychological therapy in the UK, Australia, the US, Canada and South Africa.

What are Serious Games?
Serious Games are computer or video games that go beyond the purpose of pure entertainment, and include an educational component (e.g. promote a healthy lifestyle, train cognitive skills, etc.). Serious Games are becoming more popular in many settings, including psychotherapy. Even if you have not used Serious Games, your views are important and we want to hear from you!

Who can take part?

Participants can take part if they are between the age of 18 and 85 and have experienced any form of psychological therapy (i.e. any form of "talking therapy" such as cognitive behavioural therapy/CBT, psychoanalysis or other forms of psychological counselling).

(If you cannot open the survey directly, please copy and paste the link)

You can go straight to the survey from this link if you are from the UK : Serious Games Client Survey - UK

You can go straight to the survey from this link if you are from Australia: Serious Games In Psychotherapy: An Australian Inquiry

You can go straight to the survey from this link if you are from the US: Serious Games Client Survey - USA

You can go straight to the survey from this link if you are from Canada: Serious Games Client Survey - Canada engl.

You can go straight to the survey from this link if you are from South Africa: Dead Link Removed

Your participation in this survey is voluntary. All data will be anonymously recorded and will remain confidential at all times. No individuals will be identified. You can terminate your participation in the survey at any time by closing the window on the screen. The survey takes about 5-10 minutes to complete.

There is no funding (no sponsorship by private companies) or interest of conflict for this study.

Thank you very much for your support! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

M.Sc., Jessica Huss
University of Kassel
Institute for Psychology
Holländische Straße 36-38
34127 Kassel
Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back