• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Surviving The Move - It Was Meant To Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

becvan

MyPTSD Pro
Well I said I would give the details, so I figured I might as well get on with it now.

Everything pretty much clicked into place. Funding came through on time, I got my place on time, stuff hooked-up on time etc.. One of those really meant to be things.

I was extremely exhuasted last week to say the least. I was still recouping from the funeral and attempting to pack. My family drove me nuts. My father and brother moved me (never again) and changed dates and plans faster than a teen girl changes her clothes. My two day move turned into a three day move. I had to stay at my dads Saturday and Sunday night. Wow was I unimpressed. I was told how to do it and when to do it. I had no sleep and ate Ativan like candy. They were being very passive-aggressive about me moving. They didn't want me to go and took their sweet time loaded up the trucks and U-Haul because of it. It took them almost 12 hours to load up. I had everything packed. I felt like I was watching a bunch of politicians conferr over where the boxes should go.

I screamed at them a few times and just about completely lost it Saturday night. I drove back to my Dad's with tears pouring down my face and shaking like a leaf but managed to suck it up by the time I got there. My god my family knows what buttons to push to send me over the edge.

Sunday my step-mom helped me clean (thank freaking god cause it was an aweful mess) so we got that done in record time. My god that house really was a little dive. Nasty nasty.

We left for T.Bay at five am on Monday morning and amazingly the move, itself, went as smooth as it could. In fact it was a great day. Dad and Bill moved everything heavy for me (so that I wouldn't hurt my back again) and even made sure all the big stuff was hooked up, re-assembled, and in the right rooms. I am very grateful for this!

My brother tried to get me to drive around the city and hunt down food for them quite a few times. When I finally explained to him that I had three hours sleep and how much medication was in my system and that I knew I was impaired and shouldn't drive, he backed off.

This town house rocks, btw. It's two stories with a full basement. I have tons of room, there is no mold, birds or bugs, and it's full of light. It's wonderful. The stairs are killing me though! LOL I am not used to them at all. I swear I will have buns'o'steel in two months just from that! LMAO...

I've been running on pure nervousness, excitement and exhuastion for well over a week now and I am expecting the big "crash." I'm quite sure it will hit after my intake appointment for therapy next week.

Um.. well that is about it.

bec

:clap: :clap: I am sooooooo happy that you've survived the actual shifting of your stuff.....I know it's difficult to deal with your FOO....It's crazy dealing with their dysfunctional antics!!!! When I moved...my son and his friends did the job for me....and I didn't have to deal with too much crap....just during the unpacking....my friends drove me to drink almost....Kept telling me what would look good where....I had to bite my tongue a few times....even when I said I didn't want somethings on my bookcase....they were put there anyways...as I just gave into the consistant whining....it seems that they forgot that it was my stuff in my apartment....It's taken a lot of time to get things arranged to what I want them....TAKE YOUR TIME....I can't expresas this enough IMHO.....I also am happy that next week you'll go into intake....getting the ball rolling!!!! How's your son doing with the move??? When will he start going for therapy??? I wish you both all the best!!!!:loopy: KEEPING THE PEACE

Well Bec, you survived the move, now I need to survive mine. I am moving from my 2 bdrm apt into a 2 bdrm townhouse with my 83 y.o. Mother. She has her 2 bdrm apt she has lived in for 30 years and I am doing it ALL. I hurt in places I never even knew I had let alone used in recent history!!!!!!

Why do we collect so much junk???? And we pack it and take it with us!!!!

Glad you are going to be able to get settled now. Wish me the same. I'm gonna need it. Having agorphobia makes moving somewhat more difficult! See my home is my only "safe place". Changing it IS somewhat unnerving. But, glad you are done with your move.

Therapy Update

I know this is a question being commonly asked so:

I have an intake appointment on July 3rd at the Regional Health Centre. Once that appointment is done, I will be sent to the service provider that can best serve my needs. (that's as much as I know right now!)

Matt: I have just received his package for counseling services from The Thunder Bay Children's Centre. He is on a waiting list for services. The wait should be no longer than three weeks. The package I got is FULL of information, contact numbers, and services they provide.

All in all, I got the ball rolling. Amazing how I fought for so long and hard back in Fort and never got anywhere, for either of us, on receiving help and just calling here from out of town they had me on SHORT waiting lists that day. Both Matt and I should be starting therapy before the end of July. Huge difference in treatment and the areas. I'm rather excited.

bec

Just wanted to add I have made contact with the Panic and Anxiety Association of Ontario. They meet once a month (confidential support group) and the lady I spoke to is going to give me a call and pick me up for the next group in two weeks and she is going to take me for coffee with some other members of the group! Also I am to meet with the information guy from Canadian Mental Health Association. He has a lot of information and seems determined to get me out of the house and meeting people. LOL I meet with him in two weeks too. This should be interesting.

Herc:

I know the agrophobic aspect of it. It was easier than I anticipated actually. Keep us updated on how your doing. I know you can do it!!

bec

Bec,

So good to hear that things you've worked so hard for are finally coming together. Having people helping you and Matt and being in a better place...too cool for words.

Good luck with meeting the new people.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back