• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

sweet surrender - finding ways to exercise that work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamFree

Not Active
finally listening to what my body wants and needs. I am forever trying to learn how to inhabit my body it can be a very dysfunctional relationship my head often wants to walk out on it. at one point I had decided that I must knock my self in to my body kicking and screaming. I started going to swimming group . it was ok at first when I was just paddling around it does not get any less intense as time goes on though more so really. I reached a point of sweet surrender yesterday and decided I need to do exercise my body wants and needs not the exercise I think looks good...I have had enough of battering my self...if it aint fun and it aint relaxing I am not doing it any more....I think my body deserves it.........btw not saying swimming does not work just saying it does not work for me.

my body likes simplicity. foundational pilates/ yoga...simple movements not twisting myself into bizzare shapes. I need to be able to exercise with awareness and have a chance to relax in order to strengthen my mind body connection...not goal oriented just accepting my body as and were it is now. What I need to find a replacement for with the swimming is something aerobic...but of a more moderate intensity...defnatly need to be able to go at my own pace...and fun of course

I use a trainer for my bicycle so regardless of the weather I can exercise. I live in a place where it can be extremely cold and extremely hot. Both are really good excuses to stop me peeping outside some days. So the trainer is a great way of getting some exercise in regardless of the weather so no excuses anymore. But weight bearing exercise is better for fitness in reality. :)

yeah I might try out a cycle class at the gym tomorrow..will be better for my breathing ...this was the issue with swimming for me was that getting the breathing right was so difficult.....to be honest I find it hard enough to breath on land never mind in water lol

Well done re this decison!!!! :tup:

Yup and there is excellent research out there that has proved this. Any sport done with "stress" is causing just as much harm as it's causing benefits and hence is a big fat zero in the sum.
wahey this is a revolution exercise and have as much fun as you like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back