T going on maternity leave

Ellie226

New Here
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been on this forum and I've actually been doing semi okay.
Starting next week my T is going to be on maternity leave. Because I'd been feeling okay lately, I didn't think I would be worried about this at all, but I'm starting to struggle again and I'm worried that I won't be okay when she's on leave.

I don't really want to bring these feelings up to my T though because I don't want her to worry or think about me when she should be focusing on her new baby. It feels selfish to burden her right now and make her think I won't be okay without her when she's about to have a baby.

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips about how to handle the period when your T goes on leave. She's suggested some resources for me like Betterhelp and a few hotlines but it's not really the same as talking to your T that you've built a relationship with for so long.
Thanks so much for reading!

Skywatcher

MyPTSD Pro
@Ellie226 If you were doing really well and she feels that you can handle the separation, maybe she didn’t feel the need to arrange you a substitute. I don’t consider “Better Help” adequate, but I haven’t tried it. I also have attachment and abandonment issues, so my thoughts on your situation may not be the norm.

Ellie226

New Here
@Ellie226 If she is gone for a long time, I would think that she might? However, if you were doing really well and she feels that you can handle the separation, maybe she didn’t feel the need to arrange you a substitute. I don’t consider “Better Help” adequate, but I haven’t tried it. I also have attachment and abandonment issues, so my thoughts on your situation may not be the norm.
Thank you for your perspective! I think that could be it. I was doing alright for a couple months and I genuinely believed I would be fine so I'm sure she would have too. I think now that it's coming up I'm getting more anxious about not having regular therapy. I've gotten so used to it and my T has been really great so I think I'm getting scared that I won't be okay without her. I'm also not looking forward to finding a new T. Retelling everything and building another relationship from scratch just sounds so difficult and exhausting. I don't know how I'll do it. But anyway I'm rambling now

Survivor3

MyPTSD Pro
She said she'll be back in early June. I'm actually moving to a different state in July so our plan right now is to "close" in June and I have been looking for a new T that I can start seeing after I move.
Ok I understand. That should work out though. It's not the easiest thing to do changing therapists but it's worth getting a new one. And yes you do end up having to re-inform you new T about stuff but that should be over in a few weeks. Good luck to you!