• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Military T.m.i.???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckiLee

MyPTSD Pro
Good morning everyone!! Hope you are all doing well today. I have a question for the Veterans and their supporters.... Do you/they talk about your military life alot? Not necessarily the trauma but the lifestyle and team life. My Veteran talks about it daily. He has been out for 20 years and everything that is happening in the present he can relate it to the military. Don't get me wrong I love that he is comfortable enough to share with me but it gets aggravating when I'm trying to deal with the here and now. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!! ✌

I know my Dad misses it. He doesn't talk about it daily, but he did 23 years. It's a lifestyle, and I think they miss the life style very much. He retired when I was 4, and I feel like I missed out, and was a bit isolated because noone understood the culture. It will always be a part of him. And, I love him for it very much. Getting involved with the VA may help, or other organizations to help him,and you bring it into the now?

Yes... it is a lifestyle or culture. Think of it like being an immigrant to a foreign country. Not everybody is going to blow off their culture just because their circumstances have changed. Especially if they were proud of it, or loved serving.

If you're dating a vet, you're probably just going to have to get used to the military talk. It's not going to change.

Send him to the VFW if you need a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back