Tele therapy EMDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywatcher

MyPTSD Pro
We are currently doing tele-therapy and tried emdr today. It worked extremely well. I already have an emdr app called anxiety release. Wearing ear buds, (it pings left/right) using a track that doesn’t do guided calm down stuff. My T guided me and told me when to stop my pings. I was able to bring a 9 down to a 7. :-)

Have any of you tried this method via tele therapy?

Skywatcher

MyPTSD Pro
Thank you @osiris We are doing work to “fly” parts of me out of their bad situations so that they can see that life gets better in time and that I can be there for them now. It’s very helpful since I feel so “young” much of my day. This covid is setting off a whole bunch of things.

Wendell_R

MyPTSD Pro
We took a few sessions just to get more comfortable with the virtual sessions, and to let different parts experience the virtual sessions. So, we're not on an EMDR break, but we did slow way down and am building back up to that.

I just picked up a set of EMDR tappers that my therapist wasn't using (the headphones broke), and we are going to try this week. Last week, I tried EMDR by tapping my thighs myself (I've seen videos of therapists tapping their clients thighs. I figure if I'm ever comfortable enough for that, I won't need therapy!). My therapist says that for some people, doing their own tapping takes them out of trauma processing, but it kind of works for me. We'll try the machine tappers and see if it's any different. So far, too, we aren't doing much in the way of trauma processing, but are doing more resourcing for some parts that are freaked out about teleworking. It's interesting that Covid-19 itself isn't threatening to me, it's all the social disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.