• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Terrified....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaylove498

Confident
I haven't dreamt a whole lot since my brother in law passed in October this past year so he passed just a few months ago.

He had cancer and I helped him as best as I could and then he went into hospice and passed a couple weeks after being there and I was there the night he passed and saw him after his passing.

Since then I haven't had any emotions or really any dreams I've had some but not as vivid as this one.

I woke up in a panic this morning my chest felt tight and I felt like I had been crying for hours even though I was sleeping.

In the dream I was in my house with my fiance sleeping and for some reason my brother in law was sleeping on our bed but I found out obviously in the dream that here wasn't alive in the dream I started hearing him talk but his eyes were closed I freaked out and jumped up and ran in fear.in the dream his wife came in the room and he kept talking saying weird things but I knew in the dream he wasn't alive.in the dream I sat next to him trying to not be afraid and then he got really angry and grabbed me and I screamed and begged for his sister to save me I was crying and running and he was just so angry.I jumped out of the window and that's when I woke up from the dream in a panic.

I actually feel terrified but also numb I even went as far as looking around because I was scared I was still in the dream.

I deal with dpdr so that doesn't help that I feel like I'm in a dream state anyways.

I feel completely numb and scared to go back to sleep.

What can I do?

Will I start having these dreams allot?

I don't think so. I'm no expert on anyone but me, but it seems your brother didn't die a traumatic death, so normal grieving might bring up nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back