• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The Circle Is Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
My P suggested an over the counter med called MidNite for a sleep aid. It really does help me when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. Don't take it unless you check with your P though! It has some herbs in it and Melatonin. It does not mess with any of my meds. I am on different meds than you are though.

I've been wondering how you were doing. (I had actually imagined something much less complicated!)

About the grades? You realize one you get out of there no one cares, right? Speaking as someone with a rather messy academic career. (I went on to be a TA for the guy who gave me an F. When I mentioned it later, he said, "That was you?!" LOL)

This isn't actually wisdom, but, I've taken a couple pharmacology classes. It both amazes and scares me that you guys can function (or not) with all that stuff onboard. It all has effects, and side effects, and they interact with each other, and your system, and symptoms.... I have no idea how you'd sort out what's causing what. I'm hope you can get something sorted out that works, and soon!

Glad to see you back, I've missed you!

Welcome back!!! Glad you decided 'coming home' would help thru all this. Congrats on your studies, and very happy the sky did not fall with that B+!
Good to see you here again!

If you haven't tried already, you might want to look at seroquel before going to the ambien/pazosin/benzo combo. A relatively low-dose of immediate release will knock you out pretty fast.
Yo, I piloted seroquel for the past three days. Sent my P a text yesterday with all the details of my current situation, including this experiment. I love it. My dreams are back. Weirdly—and I don’t know if this is related to the med or just me—I’ve actually been having really good dreams that are semi-lucid.

Anyway, SO MUCH THANKS for this. I’m still going to ask for PRN klonopin at my appointment, though. Or at least inform him I’ll continue to collect a small number per month regardless, so it’d be great if he wanted to supervise and prescribe himself. He’s an odd one. He said he wanted to treat me because I was an interesting patient with an interesting brain and because I scare him a little. I like him. :roflmao:

My only weird side effect was getting the munchies, cooking an elaborate meal, and having zero memory of it in the morning.
Ha! This happened to me as well. Sleep eating. And I was obviously a pig about it because I'd wake up with dried food all over my night clothes, dirty dishes all over the house. It was before they changed the warnings on the label and my shrink was like "hmmmm...that's very odd". I stopped taking it because I was afraid I'd either end up choking on food or decide I'd rather have carryout and get in my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back