• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer The easiest way to control ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys i been suffering from ptsd since 16 months and finally i am feeling way way better.My best friend died on my hand and that caused me the trauma i am off the medication sleeping like a baby even tho i work with shifts and the keys to my improvement was quitting alcohol, caffeine,sugar and started consuming vitamin D daily.i Never thought that caffeine and sugar would affect me so badly.stay hard

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you will find it to be as special as I do! It will be 10 years in July since I came here.

I, too, discovered that sugar and caffeine mess me up emotionally, mentally, and physically if I am not careful...

Taking care of yourself is a huge help to getting better!

Blessings to you!

Hello guys i been suffering from ptsd since 16 months and finally i am feeling way way better.My best friend died on my hand and that caused me the trauma i am off the medication sleeping like a baby even tho i work with shifts and the keys to my improvement was quitting alcohol, caffeine,sugar and started consuming vitamin D daily.i Never thought that caffeine and sugar would affect me so badly.stay hard
I like your name @brainwarrior! I was slugging down the caffeine.....cokes......( they say sugar increases dopamine and when I quit I got demotivated and the blues). I'm now drinking mixed berry Lipton 0 calorie tea, very refreshing, more water, diet root beer, and I think I'm coming out the other side of it....got new glasses and hearing aids, and added vitamins. I drink a Premier Protein shake (30 g. of protein a day) and take magnesium for sleep. Now I'm working on figuring a daily exercise routine -Covid safe.
Glad it's going better for you. Good on you for quitting so many things at once!

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for what happened, it sounds really hard. I used to almost run on caffeine in a constant rushed state, since I'm taking meds I just find it's ruining the calm. Even tea was a bit too strong.

Welcome to the community, & glad to see you’ve found some things that really help you!

I’m on the opposite side of that, I had to add back INTO my life the alcohol, caffeine, & sugar... in order to start doing better... that I can easily avoid/makes never no mind whilst doing well; as my life is set up to manage my stress levels & whatnot when I’m doing well in such a way as it rarely is when I’m doing badly. Meanwhile? Other people find the opposite, that they can have those things in their life whilst doing well, that they cannot have whilst doing badly, as it only makes things worse for them.

I have managed to do all of this and exercise regularly, except for the caffeine part. I still have 2 cups of coffee daily.
I am a big Daniel Amen fan and I absolutely trust what he says about caffeine and pretty much everything, but I haven't reached all of my goals, yet. I am also gluten and lactose-free as per his suggestions and quinoa is my only grain-like substance, usually. I am always working to try and do better, but I'm afraid I am not the warrior I would like to be, just yet.

Great job, BTW. These things are not easy.

Quit caffeine?? Nope nope nope!
No one wants to see me before coffee - it's an ugly thing 😁 😁

But yes - I can tell the difference between when I've eaten well (lots of fruits and veggies) and badly (lots of processed foods). The results are immediate in how I feel both physically and emotionally

Well.. I have to have diet coke to even function. I have a bad thyroid and take medication for that. But, this is like not taking meds for thyroid when I'm not drinking diet coke. I think my depression is getting worse and I don't drink coffee. I am going to bring it up at my visit next week. 😃 I quit diet drinks and was only drinking water but I was working more before Covid. Still needed something then. So diet coke for me, although now I'm drinking water.

Obviously quitting alcohol, caffeine, and sugar and starting vitamin D isn't going to help everyone with PTSD. But there's no doubt that being more healthy in general will give many PTSD sufferers some real benefits. For myself, I was drinking 3-4 cups of coffee every morning and didn't realize how anxious that was making me all day until I had to stop cold turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back