• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The little things

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurefocussed

MyPTSD Pro
This may sound crazy but I'm trying here.

Making my bed triggers me
Wearing a dress triggers me
Wearing make up triggers me
Going to church triggers me
Going to therapy, just entering the building triggers me
The smell of alcohol triggers me
Writing poetry sometimes triggers me
Looking at a tree triggers me
Climbing a tree triggers me
Being creative triggers me

Everything that made me different.

Running triggers me
Making jewellery triggers me

-----

Is this just me? Or do others get triggered by normal things too?

Well, my newest trigger is getting undressed. I hate that basic necessary actions in life become triggers. It can really slow down my day. And I have a large list as well, but I think we both need to figure out a way to deal with them. In a fast efficient way. For your ptsd to take away your creativity is heartbreaking. :-(

Is this just me? Or do others get triggered by normal things too?

For sure. That's pretty much everyone! :) Also one of the reasons why trigger warnings are utterly useless. Because anything (and everything) can be a trigger or a stressor.

The last time I got really badly triggered? Running water from the tap. ((I hereby demand all faucets, and all movies with indoor plumbing, come with trigger warnings! ;) )). Shrug. If it existed during one of our traumas? It can be a trigger or a stressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back