• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The Movie "The Investigation" on Olson Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

becvan

MyPTSD Pro
I just watched this movie... at the beginning of the movie it introduces us to Officer Darryl Kettles, who fingered Olson from the start. As the movie progressed, I recognized the symptoms portrayed.. Here is quote from a recent news article..

"Darryl Kettles, a retired RCMP officer who worked on the Olson case, said the investigation affected everyone who worked on it. He suffered post-traumatic stress disorder because of the case and retired as a result of health problems. "He is the devil himself," Kettles told CP."

I freaking new it just by the way it was being portrayed! On top of the fact that this movie would trigger anyone.. It was hell to watch.

Here's to Retired Officer Darryl Kettles, :occasion:, for doing an outstanding, unrecognized job, of caring to the point that you live with PTSD everyday, as we do. I hope you find peace and management of your symptoms.

*deeply touched*
bec

On top of the fact that this movie would trigger anyone.. It was hell to watch.

And when are you going to give yourself a break????

I, honest to god, had no idea what that movie was about when I started watching it.. I thought it was some old movie along CSI lines.. by the time I figure it out.. I was sucked right in.

The sad part was, that I worked on my PTSD workbook tonight, and stopped after I was shaking like a leaf (sooo hard to see the twisted truths of your own mind.) and came home and was going to watch a good movie as a reward for starting the book and to calm myself...

uhh, that kinda backfired...:crazy:

bec

Isn't it interesting that you can pick PTSD in movies? I do this with movies myself, in that I can see the outcome of the person from the movie, their behaviours as such from pre to post trauma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back