• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The Pitter Patter of Little Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

MyPTSD Pro
...or my hubby and I are going to be grandparents!

I posted originally about this in the PTSD only section. Needed to yell, shout, stomp and all other assorted things. I'm glad that I've gotten that all out of my system now.

It's been just about three weeks since I found out and now that the shock has worn off, I'm starting to get a little excited. My husband has beaten me there by about a week. He keeps dropping hints he'd like a boy so he won't be completely alone, as he puts it, 'In the Estrogen Ocean'. Me and two daughters. Hell, even the dog and cat are female.

According to our calculations, the baby should be born around the end of February. Just in time for mommy's birthday. And grandma's,too. I guess we couldn't ask for a better gift. My daughter has her first OB appointment tomorrow so we'll get a better idea of the due date. WOW...that's weird to read!

A friend at work took me out to lunch today to celebrate. We toasted grandmotherhood and all the possibilities to come. Can't wait to spoil the heck out of that baby! LOL

Lisa

Congratulations Lisa, as I mentioned to you privately, I became a grandmother myself at 40 and I believe you will find it to be a wonderful new experience. Perhaps a chance to bond with your daughter in a new way as well, since you are both mothers now! My best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Way to go Lisa, you will love being a grandmother and I am sure you will be a very good one, it is exciting times even if its sooner than you thought. enjoy it, the wheels are already in motion its gonna happen. besides you get to have the best job and you get to give back the baby when they are cranky or need a diaper change.

Marlene,

I am glad that you have calmed down a bit, and have come to realize what a great time this will be for everyone. It will be tons of fun shopping, and picking out things for the baby with your daughter.

Congrats, and have fun doing special things with your daughter.

Wendy

LOL I don't think my mom was very happy for awile when I got pregnant! But it is true.. we did bond as adults after going through it.. my mom was in delivery with me! And I can say.. having younger grandparents makes doing family trips and stuff so much more fun. You actually get to enjoy all the nonstop energy little ones seem so full of! or well.. most of the time you enjoy it LOL. Best of luck to you and your daughter and future grandchild!

Oooohhhhh Congratulations!!! Babies are so great... they really make me see the joy of life, fun, playfulness, and innocence. I'm so excited for you!

I wish your daughter all the best with her pregnancy... as someone who's never been pregnant-- 9 months seems like such a long time to be pregnant (if you get what I mean!). Lots of time to get excited and prepare for the little one!!

Yes, I'm looking forward to being a grandma now. There are still a lot of things we need to take care of, but fortunately we have months to do them in. The great-grands have thrown in their support as well.

The funny thing is that the baby is due right at my daughter's 20th birthday. This is the age I was when she was born. Little bit of deja vu.

She went to the doctor's yesterday. After her appointment she called me to tell me what happened. It hit a little bit more that it's really happening. Wow...my baby is having a baby. Unbelievable! LOL

Lisa

Glad to hear that. Not only did you forgive her mistakes you made a complete turn around. I have known moms could get close to the grandchild because of feelings that it ruined their child life. And that is just wrong. Way to go!!! So glad to hear your surpportive of her. She needs you and that is family.

Just be sure and make her take a birth control shot as soon as the baby is born. Their is a very high number of teens that get pregnant a second time.

You sound like a very good mom. I bet you will make and awsome grandmal!!!!!:loopy:

Well nurse, I really couldn't really stand there and bitch her out for something that I did myself when I was 17. I just needed some time to come to grips with the whole thing. You always hope that your kids will learn from your mistakes and not have to make them for themselves. And it's hard to watch them make the mistakes anyway. Just part of being a parent.

All of the fussing and griping I did on the PTSD only post...she never heard or saw any of that. It was mine to deal with. And I figured it was better for everyone involved for me to get it out of my system and deal with it than stuff it and let it fester. Gee...maybe I can be taught after all. :-)

I and the whole family are giving her the thing I didn't get when I was 17...support and no judgement. It helped me a lot to feel that I've righted a wrong as much as I possibly could 22 years later.

Lisa

Marlene,

We all need time to adjust to things that make us stop and take a step backwards. That was a huge thing for you to be hit with, and adjust too. You did fine!!!!!!

I am so happy for you. Glad that you are really getting excited, and that the grands are also getting there too. This is a wonderful time. Have fun, shop till you drop, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!!!!

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back